You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2013 8:23 pm  #1

Crying in the movie Gravity

As I said before, women crying left me indifferent but in this one Sandra Bullock overdid herself in terms of her performance and the effects are amazing. She's crying in one scene and basically she's in space so the tears lift of her eyes before falling down..It's just amazing.. Too bad George Clooney doesn't shed his part..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 5, 2013 11:36 pm  #2

Re: Crying in the movie Gravity

How did they do that special effects wise? I assume this was shot on planet earth and unlike her body her tears can't be put in a harness.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

October 6, 2013 1:06 am  #3

I can't wait to see this movie, it sounds so good! I heard an interview with her on the radio the other day, and she was saying that they shot the anti-gravity parts with her suspended in some kind of box with the camera following her in an intricately choreographed sequence of motions. That doesn't explain zero gravity tears, though.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 6, 2013 10:44 am  #4

Inmyarms, i asked myself the same question as far as her tears are concerned. The moment they were about to fall from her eye corners they seem to pause and then we saw the tear drops, that were actually round and shiny in mid air. I can't really figure the effect they used as i doon't quite know how they do most of them..

Meantangerine, do you think we could find out about this ?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 6, 2013 3:14 pm  #5

Unless she wasn't really crying and the tears are cgi

October 6, 2013 8:02 pm  #6

That would be my guess. Awhile back, I posted a video on this site from an astronaut in space who did a demonstration of what tears would do in zero gravity - unfortunately, he didn't cry but used a water bottle. As I recall, the tears simply formed a puddle under his eyes.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 10, 2013 11:36 am  #7

I don't think they are CGI, she tears up and then they look very natural before they rise up. I saw CGI tears in Harry Potter when Snape died and cried and they look very fake..

Woody Harrelson

October 10, 2013 7:54 pm  #8

I bet it's a combination. I would guess that she did need to actually cry for the role, or at least tear up, and then the floating tears are cgi.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 11, 2013 4:27 am  #9

psychic_girl wrote:

I don't think they are CGI, she tears up and then they look very natural before they rise up. I saw CGI tears in Harry Potter when Snape died and cried and they look very fake..

That was different.those tears were supposed to be medical so they looked different. Making ! Cgi tears should be no harder than cgi water.

Board footera