You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2013 7:09 pm  #41

Re: Things getting worse and worse (help needed)

Awesome, glad to hear it.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

April 13, 2013 10:14 pm  #42

I knew it, she loves you, man. you have a very strong bond !!!

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 13, 2013 11:17 pm  #43

I'm glad things are starting to look up.  I know what it's like.  I've been there.  Keep on doing what you're doing and God be with you.

April 14, 2013 11:08 pm  #44

Glad to hear this!

December 15, 2013 7:32 pm  #45

A sad and truly devastating update....

2 and a half weeks ago, her mum eventually passed away. She went in her sleep. Its obviously been a horrible and hugely emotional time for my GF, and she's not dealing with it at all well. She's now lost both of her parents, and im getting increasingly concerned. The day she died, my GF had cried pretty much non-stop. We had sat down and i had held her in my arms and we sat there for a long time, as she silenty sobbed into my chest. She didn't want to let go, and i wasn't going to let go. Some tears rolled down my cheek as well, as seeing her this way broke me. I keep a brave face for her, and im sure she appreciates it, as to be expected she does break down into tears quite a lot, and i try to make sure im there for her as often as i can. Work gave her some time off work throghout this time, and she has hardly left the house..im getting worried because she has gone back to not eating again..im forcing her to drink, but she's losing weight from the grief and its really breaking me seeing her this way..

there was once was a wise old saying...

December 15, 2013 7:58 pm  #46

Hugs, thoughts, and above all, prayers.  It'll just take time, but y'all will come through this, and your relationship will be better and stronger for it.  If her health is an issue, you'd best take that up with a doctor

Last edited by handkerchief (December 15, 2013 7:59 pm)

December 15, 2013 10:05 pm  #47

Speaking as women i can tell you that the biggest mistake men make when comforting a woman is the idea of keepinga brave face for her. If you feel tears coming i promise you there is  as comforting, truly consoling  as when someone who loves you cries with you fit your suffering.  There are no words and no embraces that will make her feel as loved  and as supported as you crying with her.  It goes so far to make one feel less alone.  Your tears validate hers. 

Otherwise keep up what you are doing. Grief is like childbirth. There is no way around it. Only through. And  no one can stop it it helps to have a hand to squeeze while you scream.

Anyone who had grieved

Tears are the last gift of true love.

December 15, 2013 10:09 pm  #48

Oh no, this is unfair. I gess your girlfriend and you are still young. Young people shouldn' t suffer death allready. It needs time and you come out stronger, all the best to you both, a lot of force also for you.

December 16, 2013 12:20 am  #49

God sends His Spirit on those in need of such, and the Spirit isn't called the Comforter for nothing!  Y'all are going to come out on the other side as better and stronger people for this.  I write as one who's been there.  Hugs, thoughts, and, above all, prayers.

December 16, 2013 12:49 am  #50

You and she will be in my thoughts. Is there possibly a group of others in similar situations she could go to? Sometimes being with someone who knows exactly what you're going through can be a big help.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera