You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 16, 2013 2:19 am  #51

Re: Things getting worse and worse (help needed)

I think her sadness may be to fresh to seek support groups just yet. Perhaps for now she just needs to process and cry. In time she may be ready to open herself to support.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

December 16, 2013 1:47 pm  #52

May her mother rest in peace! I'm so sorry to hear such devastating news and it's a matter of great strengh to go through this but once the grief subsides, step by step she will get better and her joy for life will come back. You will also be able to find words of appreciation for being her pillar of strenght in times of need. You're a wonderfull boyfriend to have around, you should never forget this! May God bless you and help you !

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

December 17, 2013 5:21 am  #53

I am so sorry to hear this, tears. I don't have much to say other than what others have said. I agree that crying with her could be very validating and healing for both of you, and that you should consult a doctor or a grief counselor, especially if she's not eating.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

December 17, 2013 5:53 pm  #54

your support and comments mean a lot guys they really do, much appreciated... 

flatter im 23 and my gf is 24, so yes we are young..

today has been hard yet again, but i had the day off work today, so i spent my day with her just generally trying to be there for her, i managed to get her to eat some toast, but its really a struggle, and one im struggling to cope with, but she knows i will always be there for her, and i will get her through this tough time.

there was once was a wise old saying...

December 17, 2013 8:18 pm  #55

Wow you are both so young to be dealing with this. You're doing beautifully. Just keep being there with her, not just for her. You can't make this better for her and you're not supposed to as much as I know you want to. You can't get her through it. But you can go on the journey together with her which is the most powerful and loving thing you can you.

December 17, 2013 10:29 pm  #56

inmyarms wrote:

Speaking as women i can tell you that the biggest mistake men make when comforting a woman is the idea of keepinga brave face for her. If you feel tears coming i promise you there is as comforting, truly consoling as when someone who loves you cries with you fit your suffering. There are no words and no embraces that will make her feel as loved and as supported as you crying with her. It goes so far to make one feel less alone. Your tears validate hers.

Otherwise keep up what you are doing. Grief is like childbirth. There is no way around it. Only through. And no one can stop it it helps to have a hand to squeeze while you scream.

Anyone who had grieved

Tears, my deepest sympathy to you and your Girlfriend - sorry life has been so tough lately.

I could not agree more with inmyarms post - don't be afraid or embarrased to cry with your Girlfriend or for her to see your tears rolling down your face (don't wipe them away). Being strong does not nessarily mean not showing emotion - extremely close bounds are forged when two people who love each other cry together in shared grief.

I have cried floods of tears many times at the same time as my wife has been crying countless tears. We have held each other tight while sobbing uncontrollably tears soaking each others shoulders - wiping each others tears from our faces. And each time it has been a mutal grieving process - and one which ultimately has help each of us in such a big way.

Being strong is not about holding your emotions in - its about sharing the grief and burden with the woman you love and that for me means sharing our tears together. It's a long and hard road but in my experience it's the best way.

My thoughts are with you both. 

December 17, 2013 11:25 pm  #57

.there is a beautiful essay I read once called thank you for crying.a woman wrote to her husband after they had their dog put down.it was the first time her husband has cried with her instead of just being supportive and she writes very eloquently about how moving and how freeing it was and how consoling it was.it made her feel safe in her grief.I'll post it here if I can find it

December 18, 2013 4:50 pm  #58

tears: I went through a similar situation with my former boyfriend, now he is my husband. His dad died when he was 25.  I remember that no words could console him. He was just sad, sad in a different way your girlfriend is now, because he is not the tear-sheding and crying typ. Sometimes there are no words for such a situation, expecially when you are young. You didn't deal with death a lot which is good.
If you go the way together you come out stronger on the other side, there is an invisible bond between you which holds you together. It doesn't mean you are going to be together until the death does you part but it is something very special nobody can take from you both.
At that time I tried really hard to support my boyfriend, I tried to talk to him, sometimes we just sat together in silence, went for a walk, admired nature, and slowly but surely we rose up to the surface again.
The feeling never goes away completely but it becomes bearable, it is like you lose a part of your youth, your innocence. You lose something and get something back which makes you stronger, which lets you deal with life for the future.
I know that right now it is just words, but in a few weeks or months you can feel it.
One thing: nobody can tell you how long a mourning takes, people are different. If there is some progress, some change it is ok to mourn for a shorter or a longer time. If you and your girlfriend are stuck you should seek help. Not right now but somwhere in the future. Human nature is strong and I am always astonished what someone can endure.

December 20, 2013 12:36 am  #59

It'll just take time.  May Almighty God in His mercy send you patience and whatever other tools you need to get through this.  When I lost my mother, I had my church, my deer hunting club, and some cousins to fall back on.  I hope God will send you the kind of friends you can count on.  If you need me, I'm always here.  Hard hugs and harder prayers. 

December 20, 2013 2:18 am  #60

flatter wrote:

tears: I went through a similar situation with my former boyfriend, now he is my husband. His dad died when he was 25.  I remember that no words could console him. He was just sad, sad in a different way your girlfriend is now, because he is not the tear-sheding and crying typ. Sometimes there are no words for such a situation, expecially when you are young. You didn't deal with death a lot which is good.
If you go the way together you come out stronger on the other side, there is an invisible bond between you which holds you together. It doesn't mean you are going to be together until the death does you part but it is something very special nobody can take from you both.
At that time I tried really hard to support my boyfriend, I tried to talk to him, sometimes we just sat together in silence, went for a walk, admired nature, and slowly but surely we rose up to the surface again.
The feeling never goes away completely but it becomes bearable, it is like you lose a part of your youth, your innocence. You lose something and get something back which makes you stronger, which lets you deal with life for the future.
I know that right now it is just words, but in a few weeks or months you can feel it.
One thing: nobody can tell you how long a mourning takes, people are different. If there is some progress, some change it is ok to mourn for a shorter or a longer time. If you and your girlfriend are stuck you should seek help. Not right now but somwhere in the future. Human nature is strong and I am always astonished what someone can endure.

Schön gesprochen, flatter.

Last edited by meantangerine (December 20, 2013 2:22 am)

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

Board footera