You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2013 7:04 am  #1

Obs on bus

After reading the post about the teacher, I was reminded of something that happened a couple weeks ago.

I was out with my husband, who is in a wheelchair, and we were waiting for a bus. When it arrived, there was already one wheelchair aboard, so husband and I weren't able to sit together. I took the next empty seat, which was behind a young lady and her guitar - the guitar was directly in front of me by the window, she was on the aisle.  It was a medium length ride, about 20 - 30 minutes, and as we were riding I kept hearing her sniffle softly. Since her back was to me, I wasn't able to verify if she was crying or not, as the only sound was the very soft semi-frequent sniff, but one or two times she did wipe her eyes/face.

When we got to her stop, she got up and I was wondering if I'd been right, that she had been crying. She turned to pick up the guitar and I got a very good look at her face, there were clearly tear tracks there. She seemed to be in a bit of emotional pain; I wanted to say to her "it'll be ok", but she left before I could speak. So as she walked out the door, I spoke to the Universe and asked it to "Help her find peace."

Looking back, there was something distinctly "I'm really emotional and trying to hide it" in the sniffs. If I wasn't so attuned to Crying, I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

December 16, 2013 9:57 pm  #2

Re: Obs on bus

I so agree that being more 'tuned in' to the tell tale signs that someone is crying (or about to cry) means we probably see these displays of emotion more than someone without our love for tears. I witness a few displays of public tears that were very brief and if I did not react to those very subtle signs I would probably have missed them complete.

It's amazing actually how sometimes individuals can cry (in many cases with visible tears) and no one around notices - as long as it's really quiet it appears you can get away with it - with most people that is, not us 

December 16, 2013 10:57 pm  #3

I always wonder if i saw someone  in public like that how i would react m would i just observe our go say something? I dunno.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

December 17, 2013 9:40 pm  #4

When I've seen strangers shed tears in public I have exactly the same question running through my head. More so if its a woman (which 95% of the time it is) and even more so if she is attractive. I never have though - something stops me. I think its the internal struggle where I want to let the person have their privacy and my fetish wanting to get up close and get involved! The privacy side always wins out.

If no-one else was about it might make it easier to approach the person and offer assistance.

December 17, 2013 9:59 pm  #5

Maybe it is also the experience someone has with his or her own tears. Most of the time you don't want to be notized while you are crying, and that is how you react when you see someone else's tears. The fascination for tears comes second because it is not "society conform"

December 22, 2013 6:05 pm  #6

Good obs! I think I'm definitely more attuned to tears or signs of emotion than other people who don't have the fetish. If I see someone who looks even slightly emotional, my attention is immediately drawn to them, and I have trouble focusing on anything else. I think that whether or not I would say something depends on the situation. If someone is holding back tears and sniffling, as this woman was doing, I'd think that she probably would want privacy and just couldn't stop a tear from escaping, or some such. But if someone were hysterically sobbing in public (audibly or into their hands or something), I think I'd stop to make sure they were okay because often that type of crying signifies an urgent problem, or even fear, rather than just feeling emotional, especially if it's in public.

December 24, 2013 11:37 am  #7

Yeah, I agree carrotcake - if the person is crying but doing so quietly and trying to hide their tears I'd probably let them cry without approaching them - unless I knew them or they made eye contact - in which case I might whisper or mouth something like - "are you ok" - knowing fine they are not but it's an invite for them to ask for comfort or help.

If ther person is sobbing loudly and very noticeably crying then I'd probably approach them even if it was a stranger - this person would clearly be very distressed about something and human nature and just basic compasion tell me they need help of some kind.

Board footera