You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2013 5:45 pm  #1

Attention!!

My daughter would like to inform you all that I am SO MEAN!!!!!! That is all. Carry on.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

December 30, 2013 5:26 am  #2

Re: Attention!!

If your daughter is saying that, you must be doing something right.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

December 30, 2013 2:35 pm  #3

She would vehemently disagree with that.but then again how else would we keep shrinks on business. Someone's gotta provide the mommy issues. I'm proud to do my part.

January 13, 2014 8:51 pm  #4

Doesn't it hurt when your daughter says something like this? I would never have dared to say something like this to my mother because of the consequences, you must be a cool mom!

January 14, 2014 5:55 pm  #5

Doors it hurt? Naw. She's a pubescent tweenager testing her boundaries. When the boundaries get pushed back at her she gets mad. No biggie. I'm sure I must have said things like that to my parents.

Kids at that age are powerless. As they get older that feeling of powerlessness can become extremely frustrating. It's not about being cool it's about choosing my battles. If she wants to do something and I say no I have already made her upset and she had to deal with that. If I am further going to punish Herr for showing that she's mad it will only add to the tension which will make her act out more. Further more it gives her power. If I punish Herr fir saying that then she knows it bothers me and she will use it against me again. If I dint react then she knows I'm in control of the situation and she can't push my buttons.She casks me mean, and stomps her fit, but bottom line she had to obey her mean mother.

Last edited by inmyarms (January 14, 2014 6:00 pm)

Board footera