You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2013 2:49 am  #1

seriously intense david tenant crying scene.

From a BBC drama about a fresh widower and his kids. Amazing ugly cry.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

May 26, 2013 12:00 pm  #2

Re: seriously intense david tenant crying scene.

there's more spit on his chin then tears dropping...)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 23, 2014 3:29 am  #3

I know this is an old thread, but I've recently been watching Doctor Who and have developed a major crush on David Tennant. Anyway, I just watched the episode that this scene is from, and I'm so glad that I did. He's an amazing actor, and this scene is incredible. He's fantastic. He expresses such a variety of emotions, from sheer excitement (in Doctor Who) to grief and devastation here in this scene. I love him. And such beautiful sobbing...

January 23, 2014 1:00 pm  #4

Stunning sobbing. Mesmerizing.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

March 20, 2014 1:27 am  #5

This is gut wrenching. He is incredible!  

Last edited by Squonk (March 20, 2014 1:30 am)

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

May 30, 2015 2:43 pm  #6

Two new David Tennant crying scenes from broadchurch season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUO9sImPn8 (just at the beginning after "previously on broadchurch")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQEWvL1pul0 (32'10)

May 30, 2015 5:21 pm  #7

I continue to adore David Tennant, haha, and I must admit that while I watch most everything that he's in for his stellar acting, I am equally hoping that there will be at least one crying scene. A couple of good ones on Broadchurch. Love the second one you posted, flatter! The diversity in his acting is amazing.

There's a BBC TV film called Recovery (featuring Tennant, of course) about a man recovering from a traumatic brain injury as a result of an accident. The film deals with the impact of the situation on him and his whole family. I'm sure there's crying from various characters, including Tennant's, but there are tons of emotional scenes, and the acting is just fantastic. It's a bit depressing; I cried a few times during it, including one full-on sob, which I generally don't quite manage during movies. But worth the watch; it's magnificent.

May 30, 2015 6:28 pm  #8

Tennant has three great crying scenes in "Recovery."  I had posted the link here:
http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=687

Last edited by Squonk (May 30, 2015 6:36 pm)

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

May 31, 2015 6:18 pm  #9

I'm truly impressed by Tennent's ability to cry. In each scene he cries differently, in a way that's appropriate to what's happening. Too many actors have a set routine they follow, so each crying scene they do is pretty much like any other.  I wonder if Tennent is a crier in real life, or if he's more like Colin Firth, who said because he cries so much "on the job" that he practically NEVER cries unless he's acting.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 1, 2015 3:42 am  #10

I totally agree with you about the posted scene here.  Tennent is phenominal in that scene and when you actually watch the whole episode which I highly suggest or at least a few minutes before this, the depths of despair he is able to convey makes the actual breakdown better.   That slow boil that leads up to his scene there makes it even sadder because you just watch his composure crumble slowly over a few scenes until we end up there.  Its truly masterful.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

Board footera