You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2012 1:04 am  #1

self (f)

Hi guys,
Just a quick little observation. Last night my boyfriend and I were on the phone, and we got to talking about The Relationship and all that stuff, nothing too serious, but it stirred up some old insecurities for me. (Sometimes I worry that I'm boring.) Anyway, my eyes filled with tears, but I really wasn't in the mood to start sobbing or anything, it's just so much WORK to cry like that. So I worked very hard to keep my voice steady and breathed deeply, I let 10 or 12 tears out over about 10 minutes. My bf knows me really well, of course, so it wasn't like I was hiding anything from him, I was just trying to stay calm. He asked me to tell him all my worries so he could carry them (such a sweetie), so I took a lot of breaths and spoke slowly. I didn't break down, but my voice definitely sounded strained and wobbly.
I'm not sure I got it all out, though, so I might have more stories soon!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

May 6, 2012 1:21 am  #2

Re: self (f)

I hope your ok, meantangerine? Though that was a nice observations.

May 6, 2012 8:21 am  #3

hope your ok

there was once was a wise old saying...

May 6, 2012 8:09 pm  #4

Thanks guys, I'm fine. It was just one of those things, you know?

February 1, 2014 3:17 pm  #5

Your boyfriend sounds like he's well worth hanging onto.  All the best to you both!

February 5, 2014 6:37 pm  #6

Handkerchief, I appreciate it, but would you mind checking the date of a thread before you comment on it?

Board footera