You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2014 6:41 am  #1

Wedding obs (M)

I feel the need to document my observations, so even though this is kind of vague, I felt like I should post it!  Went to a wedding recently and it seems a few guys got emotional or cried.  First, I watched the groom closely during the vows and I thought that his Adam's apple was bobbing up and down a lot which meant he was swallowing a lot.  He also stopped and took a big deep sigh during his vows, so I felt like he was either nervous or emotional (I am going with emotional!)  Also, during the speeches at the wedding, there were a couple of guys who stopped speaking during their speech and seemed get emotional for a minute.  I was not close enough to really see their faces.  In the speeches, there was also a reference made to one of the groomsmen crying (note to self: don't just watch the groom's face closely during a wedding... keep looking around and checking closely on everybody up there!!)

For those who are into females or tissues, this might be kind of cute.  The bride was tearful during the ceremony and I think one of the bridesmaids handed her a tissue.  She used it to wipe her cheeks, and when she was done with it, she passed it off to the groom who gently took it out of her hand and put it in his pocket (she didn't have a pocket to put it in, obviously, wearing a lovely white wedding gown).  It was sort of sweet.  You know.  It's like... here's my tissue.  Please take care of it for me.  It just seemed to add to the intimacy of the whole thing the way he took it for her.  It almost seemed symbolic, like he'd be there for her to take care of her in sickness and in health.

And that is my first observation of 2014!  Not a terribly exciting one for me, but counts anyway.  It's almost a repeat of an obs I had at a wedding a few years ago.  The whole thing played out much the same way, from vows to speeches.  I'm not big on observations that happen in these contexts, though.  I know I'm kinda fussy, but I want the up close comforting kind, as anyone who knows me already know! ;)  

February 15, 2014 6:23 pm  #2

Re: Wedding obs (M)

Hi! Thank's for posting this. I love wedding tears.

February 15, 2014 10:04 pm  #3

Nice obs, thanks for sharing!

February 16, 2014 1:49 am  #4

Aww that's sweet!

Tears are the last gift of true love.

February 16, 2014 6:18 am  #5

Thank you for posting. I like wedding tears, actually I should be allowed to enjoy them. I remember my friends wedding: they were sitting with their back to the church, I just was guessing that the groom was shedding tears wiping them away with a handkerchief. In the fotoalbum there was one nice foto from the groom where he shed one tear with a nice teartrack down his face. I would have liked to take a closer look at that picture but I didn't dare because we were looking at the fotos in a group and nobody seemd especially interested in this particular picture.

Board footera