You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2014 10:14 am  #1

My Experience Last Night

I felt that I should share this with you guys since this type of experience is really rare for me...Last night (this morning), I went on a random movie binge like I usually do late at night. I randomly saw this movie called A Home At The End of the World. It was a great movie, beautifully written with a bit of a gloomy feeling. After the movie ended, I just started crying and sobbing uncontrollably. This movie just made me reflect on my life and think about a lot of things that bother me. I haven't cried this hard in years, so that's why this is so weird for me. It was just a letting go of all my pain, and it honestly felt great. I probably cried for like 30 minutes straight. Nonstop tears and a mountain of tissues next to my pillow. I was a nasty snotty mess. And I've now realized I am also a lip curler. I don't enjoy crying in front of people, so I was by myself in the dark locked in my room. It's been around 15 minutes since that and my eyes and face are still puffy, that just shows how hard I was crying. I feel so much better now, like a weight was lifted off my back.

There's just something about men crying that just....gosh it's just a feeling I can't explain ~yours truly

February 16, 2014 2:17 pm  #2

Re: My Experience Last Night

That's the best kind of cry.the random release.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

February 18, 2014 12:35 pm  #3

Very nice coastergirl How did you tell you had a lip curl. Most people usually has to look in the mirror. Did you feel with with your hands?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

February 18, 2014 10:31 pm  #4

Sounds like an amazing cry - non stop tears sounds nice - you mention tissues did you allow any tears to roll down you cheeks unchecked? Some only use tissues to blow their nose and let the tears flow (my wife for example).

Glad you got a release from crying - not all crying is completely bad.

February 19, 2014 2:48 am  #5

I agree with tearhunter, not all crying is completely bad, nice obs, thanks for sharing.

February 20, 2014 1:50 am  #6

TorNorth: Yes, I felt it with my hand and I have this large mirror next to my bed, so I looked at my self and saw it as well. I usually don't curl my lip unless if it's really intense, like it was this time.

Tearhunter: I let the tears flow, I like the feeling against my face, it feels relaxing and refreshing. But because there were so many tears I had an extremely runny nose, so I only used the tissues for my nose, enough to make a little pile next to my pillow!

And no problem, I'll post more obs next time they happen.

There's just something about men crying that just....gosh it's just a feeling I can't explain ~yours truly

February 20, 2014 9:50 pm  #7

Thank you Coastergirl for posting! Just when you signed up to participate in this forum you had such a nice selfobservation.
TorNorth: about the lip curl and the mirror. I remember more than one time crying with a lip curl when I was younger. My mother always wanted me to stop crying and sent me to take a look at my ugly face in the mirror.

February 20, 2014 10:52 pm  #8

Sounds like an amazing cry Coastergirl - I agree the feeling of tears rolling down your face is such a release. I only feel relaxed enough to let my tears flow when I'm crying in a safe place but I really do prefer to cry this way rather than try and mop the tears up in an attempt to hide them. It feels like you have really cried and released the emotion if that makes sense.

Intresting that you looked at yourself in a mirror while you were crying - did you watch any of your tears fall down your cheeks? I feel It's almost a kind of outer body experience watching my own tears fall - more so when I watch them form in my eyes, spill over and roll down my face before dripping off my chin. When the tears start falling like this quickly it's quite surreal. Not sure if that makes much sense - hard to explain. 

February 21, 2014 6:41 pm  #9

I wasn't able to see any tears roll down my face when I looked in the mirror, all I saw were some puffed up features. When I cry, whether intense or not, my eyes, nose, and cheeks stay red and kind of swollen for pretty long time afterwards. (One of my favorite things about crying is when someone looks like they've been crying, as you can see I'm a fan of the ugly cry) So since it was really intense, I wanted to see how bad I looked.

Board footera