You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2014 7:16 pm  #1

More David Tennant: Hamlet/United

Wow. I think he cries in everything. He can even cry and do Shakespeare ("O that this too too solid flesh would melt..."): 

This is brief, but moving. From "United". He plays the coach of the Manchester United football team that lost members in a 1958 plane crash. After visiting survivors and keeping it together in front of them, he finally breaks in private (from 57:47):

I know there was at least one "Doctor Who" in which he had a good crying scene, but not knowing much about the show, I don't know episode title(s).  Can anyone help?

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

April 6, 2014 6:55 am  #2

Re: More David Tennant: Hamlet/United

Very nice! I have to say, he gets more handsome as he gets older, but he's always a good crier no matter what his age.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

April 6, 2014 2:00 pm  #3

Excellent scenes!

As for Doctor Who, there are two episodes with some great crying of his. The first one is "The Family of Blood," part 2 of "Human Nature." One of the best two-part episodes of the series in my opinion, and a great crying scene.

There are several crying scenes in "The End of Time," another two-part episode at the end of season 4. All excellent.

April 8, 2014 9:29 pm  #4

Thank you Carrotcake!  Sadly, "End of Time" doesn't seem to be available on YouTube, but I watched "Human Nature/Family of Blood" and they were great.  I found this quote about "Family of Blood" (from "The Most Heartbreaking Doctor Who Moments", http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/i-just-wanted-to-say-hello-the-most-heartbreaking-doctor-who-moments.php#.U0RkP_ldWSo):

"This is apparently where RTD learned that David Tennant was such a contagious cryer, he chose to just turn the guy into a human face fountain for the duration". 

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 28, 2020 3:40 am  #5

I was able to get the United clip. There's something about a man hiding away somewhere out of the way to cry that just gets to me.
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tf6UqhmSrsEkEMcIjRRjLWttueiJQ8BF/view?usp=sharing

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera