You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2012 10:38 pm  #21

Re: Hi, been lurking for a while! Some facts about my thing for crying...

It's funny - I've known about the sneeze fetish AS A FETISH way longer than the crying, but that's because it was always weirder to me, whereas the crying thing always felt very natural and like something I could talk about (not using the word 'fetish', though). Like I've told friends who have all been like "oh yeah it's so adorable, right?" and when my friends at one point were discussing fetishes they had, I debated very seriously over sharing this one, though I would never share the sneezing one.

I didn't though, because it was all guys except for one girl, and I was very concerned that if I told them, they'd never come to me with their problems.

Interesting point, though: recently I had a conversation with the other girl who was there (who was a lot of fetishes which are, in my opinion, stranger than either of mine - and one of the guys said they were creepy)  and we watched a movie where a guy was crying. And she was like "Oh my God, don't you just want to hit him?" And of course I reacted strongly, saying I thought it was adorable, and why would I hit him? And she said that she ALSO thought it was adorable and that was why she wanted to hit him, so he'd cry more. Which is, if you ask me, a different take on the fetish, one that makes me think we're all quite lovely people, since the comforting thing IS a big part of it for all of us.

April 20, 2012 3:30 am  #22

I'm totally with you on that, I knew about the sneezing fetish at a younger age but I'm very private about it. I also agree about being less self-conscious about the crying fetish as long as you don't refer to it as a fetish...I tend to just tell people I love sensitive men.  But one time I was watching a movie on TV with a friend, and a woman was comforting a crying man...my face apparently turned completely red, and my friend asked me why. I had no words at that moment...how self-conscious I'll be about it kind of depends on the scenario, I suppose, haha.

May 10, 2014 3:50 pm  #23

Bisko wrote:

Hi Lillianne.  I have almost the same exact mentality as you do.  As for your question, I do feel it is a little of both, but for me it is definitely more of the comforting part.

Ditto. It's all about the comforting.

May 13, 2014 9:39 pm  #24

Proud t'have aboard, honey.  I promise you that you're totally among friends.  As to your issues, I for one believe there's a very thin line between emotional attraction and the sexual kind.  The former is what I'm into, and when I see somebody crying, I try to do whatever it takes to make them feel better.  Emotional, sexual...in some ways they're almost like two sides of a coin, but in other ways the farther apart you keep them, the better off you are.   Am I making any sense?

Board footera