You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2015 9:31 pm  #1

Really really sad about a stupid situation.

It has to do with my boyfriend. It was when I stayed after school last Friday for pep band (me and my boyfriend have it together). We were just standing around and talking, and he asked me "Do you think we're gonna get married?" I said "I can't give a definitive answer, I haven't got to be around you or get a good feel of who you are yet. But I do see potential." And he was like "Yeah, it's about the same for me." Then he asked me what kind of things would get in the way or hinder us getting married. I told him that I could get bored of him, I could lose interest, etc. Then he asked me if there's anyone else I'm in love with. Now, there is this guy that lives far from me that I've had an on and off relationship for four years. The only reason I broke up with him is because I wanted to experience real life relationships with guys I could touch and hold, but other than that, he is freakishly perfect for me personality wise. We're exactly alike, he's literally the male version of me. Now back to me and my boyfriend's conversation. At first I said no. And he kept asking me "Are you sure?" and telling me that it's okay if I do and that I shouldn't be afraid to tell him. After many no's, he said "You better not be lying to me." Finally, I told him that there was something I needed to get off of my chest. Since I couldn't say it without stuttering and getting nervous, he let me type it on his phone. I typed, "Well there's this guy named - that lives in - that I've had an on and off relationship with for 4 years. He's still crazy in love with me and I still have the same feelings I've had for him four years ago. I just broke up with him because I wanted a boyfriend I could see in real life. But while I still have feelings for him, I wouldn't break up with you for him since I prefer real life relationships." After he got done reading it he was like "Oh, okay." I was like "So you don't care?" Then he looked down with a depressed look and said "Well... Yeah, I do care actually." I told him that I'm sorry, and asked why (stupid question, I know, I just wanted to hear his answer). He said "It just feels bad knowing you have feelings for someone else. I thought you loved me and only me." I explained that this online guy would never get in the way of our relationship or ever get me to break up with him. Then he asked me why I have feelings for the other guy, and I told him that we're almost exactly alike and that we always have something to talk about and how we've just formed a strong bond over the years. I told him why I broke up with the other guy, which led to him asking "So if he went to your school, who would you choose? Me or him?" And then I said "Honestly, I don't know. To be honest, I would probably already be dating him before we even met if he lived here." Then he had another depressed look on his face and said "Okay. Thank you for being honest with me." Then he gave me a kiss on the forehead. His reaction made me feel so much worse about it. I felt so guilty afterward. Well the day after (which was yesterday) was his birthday. Keep in mind we usually text everyday at least a little. I texted him a happy birthday message. But it showed that he read it, and ignored it. Later on at night I sent a message that read "Baby?" and he didn't see it until a couple of hours ago and still hasn't texted me all day. I just sent him a couple messages about how he's worrying me and that I hope he had a good birthday. And he just read it several minutes ago, still not responding. I'm really, really, really stressing out about all of this right now. The last thing I want is for him to break up with me. He's the kind of guy that I thought would NEVER ignore me. I feel so heartbroken, guilty, and horrible right now I just had to vent. :'(

"Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them."
-Veronica Roth

January 26, 2015 10:03 am  #2

Re: Really really sad about a stupid situation.

I'm guessing you both are rather young, based on what you've written. This is one of those no-win situations, where you pretty much know what the other person wants to hear, and either you lie to them so they hear it, or you tell them the truth and know you're going to hurt them. All I can offer is sympathy at the moment, it's a lousy deal but if it is truly meant to be, things will work themselves out. Meanwhile, don't give up looking if he isn't the one. You've got plenty of time to find the right one for you. Above all else, never, never, NEVER "settle", even if it seems you will never find the right person. I was alone for a lot longer than normal, but when I met the right guy, we both knew it within four hours of meeting face to face. As of May 2nd, we'll have been together for 17 years, and I believe this is truly going to be "till death do us part."

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 26, 2015 4:42 pm  #3

I am very sorry for the pain you are in! Sometimes it just goes wrong and you never can have everything you like. It depends if you are a honest person, which in this case you were because I beliefe a real relationship can just be good when both parts are honest to each other. It takes time to get over the situation for both of you.

January 26, 2015 5:07 pm  #4

Thank you guys for your kind words. Yes, I am pretty young. I have a lot ahead of me, and whether my future husband is my current boyfriend, the online guy or someone entirely different, I'm willing to take whatever comes to me. Fortunately, it turns out his phone "messed up". But I call bullcrap, I think he was doing a test to see how worried I would get (he does that ALL the time, plus it shows he READ my messages).

-Veronica Roth

January 26, 2015 10:16 pm  #5

He tests you? This is not a good sign. I will admit he's probably insecure, but it also means he probably doesn't trust you. Be cautious - what would happen if you "failed" one of his tests?

Anonymous

January 26, 2015 11:28 pm  #6

caircair wrote:

He tests you? This is not a good sign. I will admit he's probably insecure, but it also means he probably doesn't trust you. Be cautious - what would happen if you "failed" one of his tests?

I'd say it has to do more with being self-absorbed. He trusts me, and was rather shocked when I told him I have feelings for another guy. He just loves hearing me say stuff relating to how much I care for him, even though he already knows I care about him a lot. He's constantly asking me "What would you do/how would you feel if (insert a random death circumstance here)?" And I'll always tell him the same thing, "I'll just be heartbroken and really depressed about it". Yet no matter how many times I answer the same response, he still always asks me that stuff, because he loves to here me talk about how much I love him. He also makes a huge deal out of little things like "I cut my leg today! Don't you feel bad for me?" so I can say something like "Aww my poor baby" to satisfy him. I can't really "fail" these tests, he just sits back and hopes I'll say something lovey dovey to please him and if I don't, he talks about it until I do. It is rather annoying how obsessed he is with getting attention, the ONLY time I've ever enjoyed one of his attention moments is when he asked me "What would you do if I cried on you or in front of you?" Hm, I wonder why I enjoyed that so much?

-Veronica Roth

January 27, 2015 4:55 am  #7

In other words, he really doesn't care about you at all - you're just there to boost his ego. How is he if YOU need ego boosting?

Anonymous

January 27, 2015 1:55 pm  #8

caircair wrote:

In other words, he really doesn't care about you at all - you're just there to boost his ego. How is he if YOU need ego boosting?

He sometimes tells me stuff to help but doesn't really seem like he's doing it in a thoughtful way, it's more like telling me straight then moving on. He's always seemed to focus more on his problems than mine.

-Veronica Roth

January 29, 2015 3:53 am  #9

As much as I can understand how horrible he must feel, after reading everything else you've had to say about your relationship, I think you could definitely do better. I mean, I'm not saying break up with him if you think the relationship is benefiting you. If it's bringing you down though, it might not be worth sticking around. You deserve someone who will care just as much about you as you do about them, and someone who will give you the all you give to them. Obviously not my place to tell you what to do though, so I will wish you the best of luck.

January 29, 2015 4:58 am  #10

luckywolf13 wrote:

As much as I can understand how horrible he must feel, after reading everything else you've had to say about your relationship, I think you could definitely do better. I mean, I'm not saying break up with him if you think the relationship is benefiting you. If it's bringing you down though, it might not be worth sticking around. You deserve someone who will care just as much about you as you do about them, and someone who will give you the all you give to them. Obviously not my place to tell you what to do though, so I will wish you the best of luck.

Thank you for the advice. I actually have been thinking about breaking up with him soon, I just have no idea how I'm gonna do it.

-Veronica Roth

Board footera