You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2015 8:47 pm  #1

Gary Sinise: That Championship Season

Gary Sinise in his passionate prime, displaying the Steppenwolf fire and anguish he had before his acting was neutered on "CSI":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VQm_GaXNAM&index=34&list=WL

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 20, 2015 9:43 pm  #2

Re: Gary Sinise: That Championship Season

Nice, but I wish there were fewer "drunk cry" scenes. It's as if they're saying men have to be "impaired" in some way before they can let their emotions out freely. I suspect the reason for this is because TV and movies are run by men, and men are VERY uncomfortable with crying, especially other men's crying.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 20, 2015 11:43 pm  #3

I don't even know this was written as a "crying" scene (from the 1972 play).  In the 1982 version, Martin Sheen, in the same role, is much more subdued and doesn't cry at all (starts at 2 minutes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruAkmz4N2Eo

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 22, 2015 3:19 pm  #4

They all cry in this one and D'Onofrio really sobs without looking all that drunk ..I think it's a well put movie for crying scenes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kqmL3S3asQ

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

July 18, 2020 10:10 pm  #5

Are they supposed to all be drunk?

Lemme tell ya, I Do Not Understand why anyone would cry about sports, or why toxic masculinity says that one of the few acceptable reasons for a man to cry is over sports. (Men can cry about whatever makes them cry, and that's legit, but toxic masculinity picked weird when it decided men crying about sports was acceptable but talking about their feelings was not.)

Also, this movie/play seems like an unpleasant, uninteresting story where everything just kinda lowkey sucks. But D'Onofrio's crying was sweet.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (July 18, 2020 11:08 pm)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

July 18, 2020 11:06 pm  #6

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Are they supposed to all be drunk?

Lemme tell ya, I Do Not Understand why anyone would cry about sports, or why toxic masculinity says that one of the few acceptable reasons for a man to cry is over sports. (Men can cry about whatever makes them cry, and that's legit, but toxic masculinity picked weird when it decided men crying about sports was acceptable but talking about their feelings was not.)

The more I read you the more I agree, I am with you on this one, to be honest I have never cried because of sports, it doesn't make any sense.

Board footera