You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2016 9:42 pm  #1

Bradley Cooper, "Inside the Actors' Studio" -- Why is he crying?

It seems crying has long been epidemic on "Inside the Actors' Studio"!  But I don't totally understand the situation here:  can someone please tell me why Bradley is crying?  It's something to do with his acting teacher, I take it.  Was she very hard on him, or is he actually crying out of gratitude to her? 

Last edited by White Tulip (March 5, 2016 9:49 pm)

March 5, 2016 10:02 pm  #2

Re: Bradley Cooper, "Inside the Actors' Studio" -- Why is he crying?

I'd say it was not just out of gratitude for her teaching, but that she helped him deal with some psychological issues thru the training.

For what it's worth, Bradley Cooper is another crier - in an interview he said just about anything can set him off.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 5, 2016 10:06 pm  #3

caircair wrote:

I'd say it was not just out of gratitude for her teaching, but that she helped him deal with some psychological issues thru the training.

For what it's worth, Bradley Cooper is another crier - in an interview he said just about anything can set him off.

Thanks for confirming that for me.  I didn't realize Bradley is a crier, but I am glad to know it -- partly because a few of the Youtube comments seemed to imply he was just faking it, and partly because it just makes him cuter, in my book! 

March 6, 2016 5:34 am  #4

I've actually done a little research on this -- I was definitely kind of obsessed with that clip for a while. 

Bradley Cooper discussed his appearance on Inside the Actor's Studio in an interview with David Letterman.  It seems like the fact that he was the first Actor's Studio graduate -- coupled with the fact that his parents were in the audience -- made him feel a little bit sentimental and overwhelmed.

http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Video-Bradley-Cooper-Late-Show-David-Letterman-14966788

If you watch the whole video he starts crying pretty much right away and continues to cry off and on for about the first 10 minutes or so. 

(The video quality here is pretty bad -- there used to be a slightly better one, but it seems to have been removed.)

Although, I'd say that from what I've seen Bradley Cooper's best qualities as a cryer are more vocal than visual. 

Last edited by Tristana (March 6, 2016 5:56 am)

March 6, 2016 5:52 am  #5

Very enlightening, Tristana!  I must say it strikes me as remarkable the way so many of these "Actors' Studio" guests are brought to tears during the interviews.  Besides Bradley Cooper there have been Dustin Hoffman, Ralph Fiennes (sort of), and countless others.

Last edited by White Tulip (March 6, 2016 6:42 am)

March 6, 2016 6:05 am  #6

It is remarkable; I think it's also kind of an occupational hazard.  Actors have to keep their feelings so close to the surface that I suspect it makes them more vulnerable when discussions turn to personal matters.     

Anyway, I hope it's a trend that continues -- "real" spontaneous crying is always something special.

Board footera