You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2016 3:04 am  #11

Re: Network Daydream

I literally always think about this. How wonderful it would be to have someone voluntarily running to me for comfort. Not knowing who I am, but knowing what I would love to give. A network for this would be absolutely amazing for those like us; but unfortunately, the "norm" probably wouldn't let that happen.

The closest thing I can think of that could possibly be used for such purposes is- prepare to laugh at me, but- Craigslist. I don't know why I feel that it could work, but I see posts on there all the time about meeting up with people for certain needs or wants. Like "Hey, I'm feeling lonely, would like someone to watch a movie with" or "Looking for a cuddle buddy." Just things like that. Someone could easily post on there "In need of a good cry, looking for someone to comfort me" or something of the sort. However, it would be incredibly awkward for us comforters to post something of the sort on there. "In need of a good cry? Come on down and I will comfort you! Oh, and it is preferred that you are a male in between the ages of 18-25!"... no, just no, lol.

But yes, it would be SO nice to have some sort of network to allow that to happen. But, as I've said before, I'm afraid there just aren't enough people out there like us to make such a miracle feasible.

"Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them."
-Veronica Roth

March 20, 2016 3:18 am  #12

And- oh my gosh, Diana, I just now read your "ad". I was smiling the whole way! Goodness, there just HAS to be w way to make this real! We need to get together, create our own website or something! It would be an absolute dream come true for something like that to exist! I can already imagine- sad, broken hearts wandering through the doors, shy and not knowing what to expect. Just desperate souls willing to do anything to let their emotions out. And then there's the proud, warm, kind, caring individuals waiting for these broken souls with open arms. It could be such a healing experience for both parties. Man, I hate getting excited over things that will probably never happen, but I am pretty excited right now. THIS REALLY REALLY NEEDS TO HAPPEN! This one girl opened her own business all by herself, hosting twerking and hip hop dancing classes. WE CAN DO THIS!

"Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them."
-Veronica Roth

March 21, 2016 7:02 am  #13

Yowza wrote:

And- oh my gosh, Diana, I just now read your "ad". I was smiling the whole way! Goodness, there just HAS to be w way to make this real! We need to get together, create our own website or something! It would be an absolute dream come true for something like that to exist!

Haha... Yowsa, you're awesome!!  If you want to run with my idea, go for it!!!  I can't imagine hosting an event like that by myself and we live too far apart to host one together (if I even dared!), so I'm not sure what I can really offer at this point, but I'm certainly willing to brainstorm or provide feedback if there's something you want to do... 

April 10, 2016 4:13 am  #14

Diana wrote:

Haha... Yowsa, you're awesome!!  If you want to run with my idea, go for it!!!  I can't imagine hosting an event like that by myself and we live too far apart to host one together (if I even dared!), so I'm not sure what I can really offer at this point, but I'm certainly willing to brainstorm or provide feedback if there's something you want to do... 

I don't think I could host an idea like that, either, just because roommates/boyfriend would find out, and can't have that.  If you did one, though, Yowsa, I'd totally find an excuse to be out of town that day.  It'd be a long drive, but something I'd remember for life.

Board footera