You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2016 10:58 pm  #11

Re: Grief rituals

Not that difficult to understand. We all notice different little details that we like to analyse. I knew a girl who cried frequently and did a lot of gothic modeling.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

August 16, 2016 11:03 pm  #12

NeedHerSobs wrote:

Not that difficult to understand. We all notice different little details that we like to analyse. I knew a girl who cried frequently and did a lot of gothic modeling.

Did she ever cry in gothic make-up?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 16, 2016 11:06 pm  #13

TorNorth wrote:

NeedHerSobs wrote:

Did she ever cry in gothic make-up?

She may have during a photo shoot, but I always witnessed her genuine cries out of make up.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

August 18, 2016 3:27 am  #14

So glad you mentioned this, inmyarmsagain!  Always good to have a new search term when searching for public events that are geared towards crying!  

Upon googling "grief ritual", I actually managed to find one that took place within the last year close enough to me that I could have attended.  But it was an all-woman event and I'm only into male tears.  But now will remember this term for future and can keep a lookout.  

September 7, 2016 8:36 pm  #15

If you go to these rituals as I've read about it,  you don't observe.  You are expected to participate.  Peeps take turns crying and comforting.  You can't go just to comfort.  But sol toe whole thing sounds incredible

September 7, 2016 11:46 pm  #16

The only "grief ritual" I know of is the one in Judaism called "sitting shiva."  When somebody dies, the family of the deceased will retreat from the world for about a week in order to grieve.  Friends and relatives visit to comfort them, cook for them, etc., and often a rabbi visits to pray with them.

September 8, 2016 4:05 am  #17

inmyarmsagain wrote:

If you go to these rituals as I've read about it, you don't observe. You are expected to participate. Peeps take turns crying and comforting. You can't go just to comfort. But sol toe whole thing sounds incredible

Wouldn't be a problem for me as I'm willing to be open with my feelings and struggles, but I probably wouldn't bother to go much farther afield than a few hours' drive from my home to attend one.  I suppose I would be willing to do an overnight if I had to, but not worth flying somewhere far.

I see there's one coming up this month in Florida if anyone here wants to go!

September 15, 2016 5:51 pm  #18

http://www.angelmessenger.net/healing-through-grief/
This is an article where a woman describes her experience at one of these retreats

Board footera