You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2011 12:53 am  #1

Pets?

Hey Guys,
Whats your favorite pet? Mine overall is a cat and dog mainly cats, but I have a beta fighting fish because there so easy to look after, I love these fish I have had other tropical fish but my favorite is the male beta because they come in a range of colours to choose from. What about you guys?

November 20, 2011 7:21 am  #2

Re: Pets?

I consider myself a cat person.  My family had our boy-kitty for years, since he was a kitten, but he sadly passed on earlier this year at nearly 16 years old. 

I adopted another cat, a sweet girl-kitty who used to live with a friend of mine, just over a year ago.  My friend had taken care of her well for years, but she was no longer financially able to own a cat, and the cat's foster "parents" weren't doing a great job of taking care of her.  At the risk of sounding like a major loser, I will say that my kitty is probably my best friend in the whole world - she's very cuddly, very happy, and she never bites or scratches me on purpose. 

I'd be interested in owning pets besides cats, with the exception of fish, birds, and maybe rabbits.  I find fish dull, although some of them are extremely pretty, while birds are noisy and not especially affectionate.  My sister owned a rabbit for a while, and while he was adorable, he never seemed especially happy to be living in a cage, nor did he seem happy to be picked up.  And I would LOVE to own a chinchilla one day...those things are so soft and fluffy!

November 20, 2011 6:50 pm  #3

I don't know if I could really choose between cats and dogs, as I find it depends on the personality (and the breed sometimes) of the particular cat or dog.  But dogs and cats are certainly my top two.  I prefer ones that are friendly and that enjoy being petted affectionately.

November 21, 2011 12:19 am  #4

I'm a dog person, but I love pretty much all animals. I have a dog, a horse, and three fish. I also work at an animal sanctuary, so I'm good friends with goats, sheep, horses, chickens, pigs, turkeys, rabbits, as well. It's sort of my dream to have my own farm sanctuary for abused animals.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

February 20, 2017 6:34 am  #5

I own a cat and am most definitely a cat person.  In fact (and I feel like I need to whisper this or something, lol) I don't like dogs very much at all.

February 22, 2017 6:40 am  #6

we usually had a cat around.  My mother swore by cats...I more like swore at 'em!

'

Board footera