You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 16, 2017 4:58 am  #1

Zac Efron and Adam Devine Talk crying on Conan

I usually only tend to post sappy, break-your-heart, gut-wrenching clips...but I have to say - I laughed out loud at this one...so i had to post it. They discuss how there was supposed to be a really sweet, sincere, real crying scene on their set of "Mike & Dave..." until they realized how 'ugly' they were when they cried for real. So they changed it into this hysterical, over-the-top crying bit. LOL....I have to admit, I DO wish they had kept it the real way - mainly because that's what I tend to go for, but their take on it was so funny. And props to Zac for admitting it's OK to cry!!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTkOb43pKc

Here is the actual scene from the movie and the bloopers after...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlGtaUFlvWM

Enjoy!!

March 17, 2017 2:23 am  #2

Re: Zac Efron and Adam Devine Talk crying on Conan

Haha, they think no woman would be attracted to a man who ugly-cries. Or at least while ugly-crying.

Clearly they haven't been hanging out here.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

March 17, 2017 2:57 am  #3

Based on the clip, I'd say Zac is much more realistic as a crier. Adam tends toward the "comedic crying". From personal observation, men who aren't comfortable with crying tend to exaggerate when they have to act as if they are in tears.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 17, 2017 4:14 am  #4

Phoebe - yep...I was like, "I am! I am!" I don't know anyone on here who wouldn't like to see that. LOL...

Caircair - I agree...From what I have seen Zac is very comfortable with himself. He does cry in a lot of his movies, and he looks like he gets really worked up, so I disagree with him when he said he was an ugly crier. His beautiful blue eyes wet with tears and red-rimmed are so appealing!! I am not sure about Adam, however. He has been cast in these comedic roles so far...I wonder what we would get out of him if he were given the chance to do some serious acting, like Tom Hanks and Jim Carrey did. He might surprise us. From what he said, he is a very ugly crier...I get that...but I know Bradley Cooper fakes a lot of crying in his roles because of just that reason. I think they need to find a director to just let them take off with their acting and do an all-out crying scene...like Andrew Garfield and Aaron Paul do in so many of theirs. Hopefully we will see soon.

March 17, 2017 10:49 pm  #5

Zac Efron did some nice crying in Charlie St. Cloud.

June 25, 2019 10:53 pm  #6

Ugly-crying is beautiful crying. 

Board footera