You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2017 8:44 pm  #1

Michael Fassbender crying compilation

Happy Friday! It's "Michael Fassbender Crying in Every Movie." 
Several of these clips have been posted here already, but there are a few that were new to me. (I'm definitely going to have to track down a copy of Angel at some point.) 

Last edited by Tristana (March 24, 2017 8:44 pm)

March 25, 2017 3:11 pm  #2

Re: Michael Fassbender crying compilation

Nice! He is a very realistic crier - and I love the sobbing. I have to find a few of those movies now. Thanks for posting! 

March 25, 2017 4:11 pm  #3

I know at least a couple of those scenes weren't in the script, one from "Shame" - where he's watching his sister sing in the nightclub. Fassbender had never heard the actress sing and teared up. The other is the one in "The Counselor" where he is in the car - he said the scene was so intense he started crying spontaneously.

​What we need is a "cry-off" between some of the best actors - Fassbender is one, also David Tennant, Ewan MacGregor, Tom Hiddleston, possibly Benedict Cumberbatch - any others?

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 28, 2017 4:50 am  #4

Hey Caircair! I would LOVE to see a "cry-off"...lol...

However, as much as I love Tennant, he never really cries, in my opinion...his eyes get a little misty and he spits a lot and gasps for breath, but hardly can be compared to Fassbender or MacGregor, whose sobs wrack their whole body and are quite audible, as well as visible. And as much as I adore Benedict, as well, although he can well up quite easily and cry on cue - what I really want is an all-out sobbing scene from him. He was quite close to it in Third Star, from what I remember. Aaron Paul is a great example of what I love - sobbing, deep body-wracking sobs, hitching breaths - almost hiccup-like -  and tears galore! You just want to hold and comfort him, which is primarily my fascination. MacGregor is another example of that. As for others, I have to look on my video playlist...but wouldn't it be nice if an acting "cry-off" was a thing?!

March 28, 2017 6:47 am  #5

In my fantasy, each actor is doing a crying scene in similar circumstances - think in therapy, perhaps. Something emotionally wrenching but not in a group crying scene.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 29, 2017 2:13 pm  #6

Tennant is in the newes broadchurch serie, no crying so far

March 29, 2017 8:59 pm  #7

caircair wrote:

In my fantasy, each actor is doing a crying scene in similar circumstances - think in therapy, perhaps. Something emotionally wrenching but not in a group crying scene.

Caircair, I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea!
(I'd also love to see compilations like this for more of my favorite actors.)

I admire Michael Fassbender and Ewan McGregor for the sheer intensity of their sobbing/crying scenes -- there always seems to be so much genuine pent-up emotion. Tom Hiddleston and James McAvoy are also personal favorites, mostly for their ability to shed beautiful tears so effortlessly (& they both do that little chin-tremble thing I adore.) Lately I've been really impressed with Andrew Garfield, who seems equally adept at both teary crying and intense sobbing. 

P.S. It seems like there was more unscripted crying from Fassbender during the filming of The Light Between Oceans. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/10/30/is-that-something-in-your-eye-how-the-weepie-became-cool-again/ 

Last edited by Tristana (March 29, 2017 8:59 pm)

March 30, 2017 7:05 pm  #8

I loved the article Tristana, mostly the part where it's talked about Fassbender's crying. On my list there're James Mcavoy for most crying scenes ( the naturalness of his emotions is amazing, he's perfect in every emotional scene) Fassbender for the quickness and unexpectedness of his crying.I haven't seen Tom hiddleston in a lot of movies, his crying didn't struck me as much as the others. I like Jude Law more and more since his most recent sobbing part in the Pope ...

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

March 31, 2017 3:26 am  #9

That crying scene has stuck with me too!  i keep going back and watching it. It's so raw!  Though it's really hard to work the Pope into my fantasies lol

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

June 17, 2017 1:34 am  #10

Now, for compilations that don't have a song messing up the audio. *gives the Jezebel compilation the side-eye*

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera