You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2012 4:16 am  #41

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

I haven't seen the whole movie, only the last scene.  I am a little worried watching the whole movie would ruin the scene.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

March 20, 2012 2:19 am  #42

Robert Downey Jr. is pretty darn hot and it's a well performed scene, although we don't get to see much of his face, unfortunately (I think there are other movies with more close-up on the face/eyes?), but loved his crying noises and his trying to speak on the phone and not being able to as well as his "oh sh*t"s.  So hot.  I watched the scene first, then the whole movie.  I wouldn't really call it a long scene, though -- seems like Hollywood makes crying scenes just long enough for us to get the point before moving on.  We actually had a clip from YouTube posted on the old crying forum that was literally around 7 or 8 minutes of continuous crying.  It was insanely long, especially for a guy, but it wasn't a movie, just some guy talking to a camera about missing his family, I think.  I guess he was in the zone and just kept going and going.  Seems like soap operas from certain countries feature longer periods of crying (longer than American soaps, anyway), although from the women (who don't interest me... )

Hmm, I don't know if there's ANY guy out there who has enough 'crying stamina' to truly satisfy me, hehe.  But if anyone wants to audition...

Last edited by woundedpuppy (March 20, 2012 2:21 am)

March 20, 2012 2:21 am  #43

You should host some sort of competition. Bill it as a kind of "XTREME SPORT!!!!"

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

March 20, 2012 2:23 am  #44

meantangerine wrote:

You should host some sort of competition. Bill it as a kind of "XTREME SPORT!!!!"

This is certainly an intriguing idea...

March 20, 2012 10:41 am  #45

Janel Moloney in "Amber Frey: Witness for the Prosecution"

Damn, this woman can cry! Does anyone know any other movies or shows where she cried?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

March 21, 2012 6:29 am  #46

Hey, forgot to add this link to the site.  A very good site with lots of male crying scene descriptions.  Lots of spoilers though so be careful.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ManlyTears

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

March 27, 2012 5:14 am  #47

can anyone tell me what movie this clip is from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wM60afclpM

If it doesn't come up at the right time it's from 1:36 to 1:40

March 27, 2012 12:14 pm  #48

Probably brothers, but I'm not sure.

March 27, 2012 10:27 pm  #49

thanks, that's the movie.  Another one that I've been trying to figure out is in that same video from 0:37 to 0:42, if you know that one that would be great

March 27, 2012 10:32 pm  #50

Probably Star Wars or The Other Bolyn Girl. Once again, I'm not sure.

Board footera