You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2016 1:34 am  #1

Intimate sobbing/comforting scene w/ Michael Fassbender

When I was doing some research a few weeks ago, I came across a scene from Fassbender's 2007 film Angel. In the clip, his character Esme is becoming intimate with his lover Angel (Romola Garai), when he is overcome with traumatic memories of his time in the war and begins to cry.  She comforts him and rubs his back while he sobs into the bed sheets.  You can't see his face, but the sobbing sounds are quite intense.

I think it will really appeal to anyone who is interested in the idea of a man crying during sex or comforting a male partner in bed.

The video contains (male back) nudity, which I believe violates the forum rules, so I won't post a link here.  The clip is called "Esme" (with an accent over the last "e") and it's 1:57 seconds long.  If you search for Esme, Angel, and Fassbender on YouTube, I think it shouldn't be too difficult to find. (For some reason the beginning of the clip is dubbed in Italian, but it switches back to the original English soundtrack before the crying starts.)    

Last edited by Tristana (September 23, 2016 4:00 pm)

September 23, 2016 2:12 am  #2

Re: Intimate sobbing/comforting scene w/ Michael Fassbender

Sounds intriguing!  Michael Fassbender must be one of current cinema's most frequent criers.  As for Romola Garai -- have you ever seen the BBC's production of George Eliot's Daniel Deronda, made in 2002?  Romola has a couple of crying scenes in it.

Last edited by White Tulip (September 23, 2016 2:13 am)

September 23, 2016 2:50 am  #3

White Tulip wrote:

Sounds intriguing!  Michael Fassbender must be one of current cinema's most frequent criers.  As for Romola Garai -- have you ever seen the BBC's production of George Eliot's Daniel Deronda, made in 2002?  Romola has a couple of crying scenes in it.

He is very prolific! And for some reason, clips of his crying scenes tend to be pretty easy to find. I have a theory that fans of actors/actresses who cry a lot onscreen are more likely to be attracted to crying scenes and more likely to post those scenes online.

I haven't seen Daniel Daronda yet. Atonement (a favorite of mine) might be the only one of Romola Garai's films I've seen; I think I recall her crying in that one as well. 

Last edited by Tristana (September 23, 2016 3:50 am)

September 23, 2016 4:33 pm  #4

Daniel Deronda is great, and I think it's on Youtube, at least in part.  Aside from the crying scenes involving Romola (one with hysterical crying, the other a "tears on the cheeks" type scene), there's a tearful moment from star Hugh Dancy.

By the way, Tristana, if you get a chance, maybe you could return to this thread:  http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1287.  I'd love to know if you think my observations are on-target or not.

September 23, 2016 6:55 pm  #5

White Tulip wrote:

By the way, Tristana, if you get a chance, maybe you could return to this thread:  http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1287.  I'd love to know if you think my observations are on-target or not.

Thanks for the reminder, White Tulip. 
I don't know how I let that thread get away from me.  I'll take another look at the video soon.  

October 3, 2016 5:12 am  #6

Beautiful! I only wish the scene didn't cut away while he's crying. 

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

October 7, 2016 12:56 am  #7

Beautiful sobbing.  Fassbender is one of the great criers (and actors) of our time.
I had no idea this existed.  Thank you!  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 13, 2020 4:22 am  #8

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

September 25, 2020 5:01 am  #9

Oh I'm so glad I joined this forum <3 That was SO worth it D; 

Board footera