You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2020 5:38 am  #1

Better Call Saul (Male Crying)

So I just joined today 
and I wanted to share something. The boyfriend and I have been watching better call saul and there's a LOT of crying in it <3 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vN8S8buLr6ObaH-rUikCYNMT_ZIX1W99/view?usp=sharing 

I thought y'all might appreciate it with me. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fduGLUp0Ki99ilZDUY2SRpQUKxPFoLeY/view?usp=sharing 

Please let me know if the links worked D; 

Last edited by Katzy_Kins (September 25, 2020 5:39 am)

September 28, 2020 3:06 am  #2

Re: Better Call Saul (Male Crying)

Welcome!
Great first post. 
I LOVE "Better Call Saul" and Bob Odenkirk and he is amazing in these scenes.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

September 28, 2020 3:35 am  #3

Squonk wrote:

Welcome!
Great first post. 
I LOVE "Better Call Saul" and Bob Odenkirk and he is amazing in these scenes.  

Thank you! >w< I'm glad I have a place to share these <3 :3 
The series has been SO good so far >w< Bob is SO good at crying on queue D; <3 

September 29, 2020 3:55 pm  #4

Amazing crying scene, it has a buiild up, nice tempo, Catchy details,and a solid deliver ! Great find, Katzy ! Welcome to this forum and congrats for your beautiful post.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 29, 2020 4:19 pm  #5

What episode and season is the first link from ?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 29, 2020 5:10 pm  #6

The first scene was episode 3.7, "Expenses".
The second was episode 4.10, "Winner". 

Last edited by Squonk (September 29, 2020 5:17 pm)

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

September 29, 2020 5:37 pm  #7

When episode 3.7 aired (the breakdown in the office), there was a lot of debate among fans about whether or not  Jimmy's breakdown and tears were sincere or faked.  Him giving that smirk of triumph at the end was enough to convince some that he was faking the whole time.  
I was certain that it started as a completely real breakdown and I loved how realistically it played.  Stressful incidents had been piling up on Jimmy and the news about his insurance premium was the last straw, finally causing him to break.  It's only when he sees the insurance agent take notice of his comment about his sick brother, that a light goes off in his head and he realizes that he has the opportunity to get some payback on Chuck. And you can see it play on Odenkirk's face.  There is a moment when he shifts from being genuinely upset, to starting to milk the situation.  I thought it was a truly excellent performance.  
In any case, I was right.  Both writer Thomas Schnauz and Bob Odenkirk confirmed that that's the way it was conceived and played (sincere then fake).  

September 29, 2020 6:10 pm  #8

Squonk wrote:

When episode 3.7 aired (the breakdown in the office), there was a lot of debate among fans about whether or not  Jimmy's breakdown and tears were sincere or faked.  Him giving that smirk of triumph at the end was enough to convince some that he was faking the whole time.  
I was certain that it started as a completely real breakdown and I loved how realistically it played.  Stressful incidents had been piling up on Jimmy and the news about his insurance premium was the last straw, finally causing him to break.  It's only when he sees the insurance agent take notice of his comment about his sick brother, that a light goes off in his head and he realizes that he has the opportunity to get some payback on Chuck. And you can see it play on Odenkirk's face.  There is a moment when he shifts from being genuinely upset, to starting to milk the situation.  I thought it was a truly excellent performance.  
In any case, I was right.  Both writer Thomas Schnauz and Bob Odenkirk confirmed that that's the way it was conceived and played (sincere then fake).  

Good point, i finally found the episode on Popcorn and the crying situation is used with a lot of glibness and subltety from Odenkirk to fit the character he's playing. I also enjoy the fact that some more tears continue to stream at important key points in the scene while he studies the insurance agent body language to see if more ''crying'' is due. You almost cannot tell he's faking it and untill the smirk part.
I also found another similar scene in this one, where he does the fake ''crying'' in order to ellicit pity, not necessarily because he feels sadness for Chuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx8frruNZxA&t=148s

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 29, 2020 6:10 pm)

Woody Harrelson

September 29, 2020 6:30 pm  #9

Oh man, the end of the testimony scene is a gut punch.  This time he executes the whole thing brilliantly and we are fooled along with Kim.  Then when he reveals it was all a fake and those that believed him were "suckers"... 

Board footera