You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2021 9:51 pm  #1

A night to remember

I was bored with nothing to do. Both my husband and daughter were going to be away for the night. Figured maybe !y friend Justin would want to hang out. I jumped on Facebook and sent him a message. "Everyone is out for the night. Thought you might like to hang out and catch up. Been a while." No sooner did I send that message did I notice a message on his wall. "My grandpa died. Miss him lots. Rip grandpa."

I couldn't help but message him a second time; this time with my condolences. I really wasn't sure if he'd see it as everyone else was already sending him condolences, but before I knew it my fingers were typing as if on their own. "I'm so sorry for your loss. Feel free to call or text anytime if you need to talk. I'll also be home all night if you want to stop by." No sooner than I sent that message I heard a ding. "It couldn't be." I thought then pushed the thought away as I opened the message. My heart began racing as I read the message. "I'd love to stop by but I must warn you I might cry."

Before I even finished reading the message my fingers began to type. "Ok see you soon." My heart began racing even faster than before.What  if he really does cry? What if I have to comfort him? A huge smile crossed my face. I genuinely loved comforting people and making them feel better.

An hr passed..."Maybe he's not coming." I thought just then the doorbell wrong and snapped me out of my thoughts. I slowly walked to the door not wanting to seem too eager. as I slowly opened the door I was it was him. "Oh, hey!" I said before I got a good look at his face. "Hey." He choked out slowly trying to hide his pain. It was then that I finally looked up and got a good look at his face. His eyes were red and he had visible tear streaks all the way from under his eyes to his chin. Apparently he had made no effort to wipe them. "Come in." I said and grabbed his hand leading him through the hallway and to the living room.

"care to sit down?" I asked as I patted the couch. Without a single word he sat down. "So how've you been?"
I asked trying to break the tension as I sat down next to him. When I heard no response I slowly looked up at his face. I could see new tears slowly filling up his eyes and my heart sank. It was as if I could instantly feel his pain. "I'm sorry." I said slowly. As soon as those words escaped my mouth I saw hi. Swallow as if  trying to suppress the lump quickly forming in his throat. The next thing I knew he slowly let out a shaky breath almost as if he wanted to say something but the words wouldn't come. Before I could stop myself I gently grabbed both of his hands in mine. "I'm sorry." I whispered wondering if I was too forward.

Then he took another shaky breath this time also squeezing his eyes shut. I could tell he was desperately trying g to stop the flood of tears that was a out to fall. "I'm sorry for your loss." I began never taking my eyes off his face as his eyes were still shut. "I know this is a difficult time for you and I just want you to know that I will never judge you for your feelings. You are hurting right now and I want to give you a safe space to express them any way you need. Whether that's yelling or crying or just sitting together in silence." I finished.

With that I saw a single small tear escape his still.closed eyes. Then another tear escaped from his other eye. As they were making their way down his cheeks I could see his hand begin to move towards his cheeks. I wanted him to feel. I wanted him to let his tears flow freely. "No he choked out." In a whisper. "Please." I pleaded "There's no one else here just the two of us. No one will see or hear you." With that I could feel.his tension lesson slightly and he put his hands down on his lap with me still holding them. He let the two tears on the way down his cheeks continue their way down as another two tears escaped his eyes and followed the same thin streaks on their way down. He then let out a shaky breath.

With that I couldn't contain myself and longer. I let go of his hands and brought brought them up to his cheeks. I user the pads of my thumbs to brush away the falling tears as well as the tear streaks they left behind. He gasped as if taken aback still never opening g his eyes.the then took  a deep breath as a fresh wave of tears made their way down his cheeks.

I could feel his tension return as he was still holding his breath. "Remember its just us. No one will hear you." I said. I assumed he was holding his breath to suppress a sob. With that he lowly let his breath out and began making tiny, quiet, almost breathy sobs. "C'mere." I said as I grabbed his hands again and gently pulled him towards me.  Startled he opened his eyes. I could see all the fresh tears in his eyes just waiting to escape. I let go of his hands and  patted my shoulder.

Without hesitation he leaned over and put his head on my shoulder; still only making tiny, quiet, almost breathy sobs. "Its ok." I began rubbing circles on his back with one hand and still holding his hand with my.other. "please let.your pain out. I want you to sob as loud and violently as you need to." I continued still rubbing his back. With that I could feel his walls come tumbling down. His sobs grew louder, almost deafening; and I could feel his body begin to tremble. His belly heaved every time he let out the violent sons that wracked his body. But believe it or not I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

15, 20 min passed until he finally lifted his head. His eyes were red and the once so glue tear streaks on each cheek were now invisible. Instead his tears stained both cheeks to the point you couldn't tell where one began and one ended. Saying nothing he sheepishly looked at!y.shoulder where he had p!aged his head. Noticeing my shirt shoulder was soaked with the remainder of his tears his eyes began to fill up with tears again. "Its ok, really." I began trying not reassure him.

With that my eyes began to fill with my own tears. It was as if I could instantly feel his pain all over agai . Then he slowly lifted his gaze from my shoulder back up to my face. "I'm sorry." He whispered as soon as he noticed n the tears swimming in my eyes and barely hanging on my lashes in didn't want to make him feel and worse so I tried to swallow my emotions. "its ok, really." I said trying to turn my focus back to him. I took a deep breath and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He choked out as he closed his eyes. I felt my heart sink even further knowing how much he was hurting. In then looked up at his face just as two new thin tears were starting to make their way down his already soaked cheeks. "Don't apologize for feeling, please." I said softly. "Its. Not. That. I'm. Just. Sorry. I. Made. You. Sad. Too. That's. Not. Why. I. Came. Here." He choked out with hitched breath.

Next thing I knew one of the thick tears that was clinging to my lashes finally fell. It was thick and hot as if being Helen off forever. It rolled down my cheek quickly as if desperate for it's escape. Luckily I caught it as it rolled to the middle of my.cheek. in wiped it away quickly with the back of !y hand. I didn't want him to see. Of course I wanyed him to wipe my tears away, but I knew this wasn't the time; and honestly I didn't want to make him feel any worse.

Just then I felt another thick tear rolling down the middle of my other cheek. I let out a little gasp as I didn't even feel it leave my.eye. That must have startled him as I didn't even have time to wipe the tear before he slowly opens his eyes. He was staring right at me. Through my blurry vision I could!d see his big brown eyes swimming with tears. That was all I needed. Two more thick tears fell from both my eyes following the same tear streaks as before. I didn't even bother to wipe them this time. Maybe I finally wanted to let myself feel. With that I noticed his chin begin to quiver.

"I. Must. Be. Going." He began with hitched breath. He took a deep breath and continued " I'm making you sad and that's not what I want. I don't want to be the reason for your sadness or I'll start to cry again." He then turned away from me as if about to stand up and head for the door.

Before he could get up I quickly begged "Please don't go." I hated the idea of him leaving in pain and having to cry alone. "I'm not sad really." I continued trying g to reassure him. "Its just that when someone else is sad I feel their pain. Its like I'm sad for them but not really sad. If that makes any sense." With that he didn't get up to leave but he didn't turn around d either. "Please stay?" I begged as soon as I noticed he never got up to leave.

After what seemed like ages he finally began to.slowly turn around. I could see new thin tear streaks that went all the way from under his eyes to his chin. One tear was still clinging to his chin. My heart sank even further. Even after he was already so open with me he was still afraid to let his emotions out. Was he afraid to let me see his new tears or embarrassed I had already seen his other tears? Many thoughts crossed my mind as I continued to study his tear streaked face. I took a deep breath " Please don't be embarrassed. I've already seen your tears." I said slowly.waiting for his reaction. "Its not that, its just that I'm so used to people.coming to me for comfort I'm not used to being the one that needs it." He said slowly lowering his head so I CPU!d no longer see his eyes. For the first time that evening I was speechless. It really must have been hard for him to open up even to be and we had known each other practically forever.

I was startled out of my own thoughts by a low but audible sniffle.Focusing back on his face including!d see tears falling  from his eyes directly onto his pants where a small wet spot had begun to.form. I tried once again to push my own emotions aside ignoring the new tears that had filled up my.eyes yet again. My vision was blurry and my eyes began to burn from the effort of not letting them fall.

I scooted closer to him hoping not to scare him away. When he didn't move I figured I had my chance. I slowly lifted my hand up to his chin and gently wiped some of the tears that were clinging to it. They were slightly bigger than before but cold from hanging into his chin for so long. When he still didn't move I took my pointer finger, p!aced it directly under his chin and slowly lifted his head. He didn't resist like I thought he would. This time was different, however. His eyes were still open. Red rimmed and puffy, but open.

"if you need a friend I'm here." I haven staring directly into his eyes which were filling up with tears faster than they could drip down his face. It looked like any second the dam was going to burst and there would be a flood of tear everywhere. I knew he was trying his best to keep that from happening again.

"When?" He slowly said after the longest min of silence of my life. I was still staring into his eyes at that point watching the thin tears escape his eyes and make their way down to his chin one at a time. I was following one thin tear streak back up to his eye when I finally snapped out of my head and realized what he had said. Confused I asked "When what?" "When will the pain stop?" He asked as his chin finally began to quiver. My heart sank. That was the most heart wrenching thing I ever heard; especially the way he said it. It was thick and full of desperation.

With that, despite my efforts, my own tears began to cascade down my cheeks. Thick, hot tears that burned has they left my eyes. I tried not to draw any attention to my own tears as I never wiped them nor did I make any sound. I wanted him to focus solely on his own emotions. With that I saw his lip finally do a a proper curl as my focus had finally shift d to his entire face. He quickly lifted both his hands up to cover his face.

"Please don't be embarrassed." I began slowly. "There's nothing you can do that I haven't already seen. Remember you soaked my shoulder." I said with a half laugh trying to ease his pain. In took a deep breath, gathered up all my courage and leaned over lifting my hands up to his face. I slowly grabbed both his hands in mine and eased them away from.his face. I could feel they were all wet with his own tears. Still holding his hands in mine I scanned his entire face. Tears were streaming g down his face so fast I couldn't tell where one streak ended and anther began. His entire face was one big wet mess.

When my eyes finally met his I saw his cheeks flush. I think he was embarrassed for me to be seeing him at a man's most vulnerable. "its ok, really." I started reassuringly. "Look, I'm crying and its not even my grandfather. I CPU!d only.imagine what you're feeling." I finished hoping finally acknowledging my own tears would make him feel less self conscious. Realizeing he's not crying alone and that someone really.does genuinely care.

All of a sudden he began making tiny, quiet almost breathy sobs. It was like he didn't want me to hear. After a few seconds he would take a shaky breath and then start sobbing all over again. I took a deep breath, let go of his hands (still never bothering to wipe my own tears) and slowly brought them back up to my cheeks. I placed my hands on both his soaked cheeks. Using the pads of my thumbs I wiped just below both eyes. The tears were coming so quickly in didn't even bother to remove my hands. I just continued to wipe the tears under his eyes for what seemed like ages.

After about five minutes I decided to break the silence. "Pleas, you need to let it out. I know you are hurting." As soon as I said that I felt the couch begin to tremble. That snapped my gaze away from. His eyes. I began scanning his entire body. I noticed that every time he would let out a sob his belly would heave violently. My heart sank down to my feet and a fresh wave of tears began to sting the back of my eyes.This time my efforts to contain them.were useless. They immediately began to blur my vision and the next thing I knew a new stream of thick, hot tears were running down my face from just under my eyes to my chin where they dropped off quickly.

I could tell he was holding g back. But why? Had I not just seen him sob? I had many questions running through my mind. With that a giant sniffle snapped me out no my.own thoughts and drew my attention back up to his face. Just then I heard what sounded like a half sweep, ha!f muffled sob. I couldn't quite p!ace it until I saw his cheeks flush. He was trying his hardest to suppress a sob. "It's ok, really." I began softly. "I've already heard/seen you sob and I'm still here. This is a place of comfort." "I. Don't. Want. To. Cry. Anymore." He said slowly in a half choked sob. "I know but you'll feel better after." I said softly finally removing my hands from his cheeks.

He tried to choke back another sob, but this time instead of it coming out muffled he let out a gut wrenchingly raw sob. It was even louder than before. "Shhh." I whispered comfortingly through !y.own tears hoping he would hear me. The next thing g I knew it became quite. Had I really calmed him down? I wondered. I studied his face.for a min and realized he was holding his breath again. "Please." I said gently with an almost p!reading look in my eyes. When he didn't blink let alone say anything I finally leaned over and slowly pulled him into a hug. That was it. His walls finally came crashing down and another gutbwrenchingly loud sob escaped despite himself.

I took a deep breath trying to suppress my own emotions. It wasn't fair for him to worry about my tears when he was already in so much pain. Just then he let out another sob, this time his belly heaved violently along with it. I didn't say anything I just placed one of my hands in his hair and one on his back. I gently ran my fingers through his hair and n slowly rubbed circles on his back. With my being so tender I cou!d feel my .own walls slowly coming down.

I let out a loud sniffle despite myself. I just didn't want to sob. (Well I did but I didn't want to have him take focus away from his own emotions) so I squeezed my eyes shut. This only sent a new stream of thick, hot tears running down my face and onto his shoulder. With that I started making tiny, quiet almost breathy sobs; still never removing my hands from his hair/back.

Just then I let out another sniffle, not quite as loud as the last one as this was not a sniffle to suppress crying, but to stop my nose from running all over his shoulder. I wanted him to keep some form of dignity. If he was embarrassed about leaving a puddle of tears on my shoulder I could only imagine how he would feel if we unembraced only for him to find a puddle!e of snot on his shoulder. With that I could hear his sobs becoming quieter.

It had only been five min this time so I wondered if he had fallen asleep. I removed my hands from his hair and back delicately as not to wake him if he was really sleeping. About a min later I heard a low sniffle. This time from him. With that he u embraced from the hug and looked directly into my eyes. His eyes were still swimming with tears. A few would slowly fall from his eyes to his chin every few seconds. I'm surprised if my eyes didn't look the same. "Why did you stop?" I asked genuinely puzzled as fresh wave after wave of tears kept streaming down his face. "Take all the time you need, really." I said opening my arms for another hug. "It's not that." He slowly began as he took a deep breath. "I'm making you sad again. I can't continue to cry if you are. You shouldn't have to feel my pain." He finished slowly." "As I already mentioned I'm an empath. That's what they do. They feel other's pain like it's their own. I'm sad for you not really sad." In my best reassuring voice. Probably wasn't very reassuring seeing as how thick, hot tears were still streaming from my.eyes and down to my chin.

Before I knew what was happening I felt a hand gently brush across my right cheek. Wha..."  I said so started I couldn't even finish the word. "Well you were so sweet and caring to me this is the least I can do." He said slowly gaining more composure. I then felt his hand brush across my left cheek but this time he didn't stop there. He then followed the thick tear streak with the back of his hand all the way down my cheek and to my chin.

Was this really happening? Was he really wiping my tears? I never had anyone wipe !y tears so tenderly before.I blushed a little. "I'm sorry...I just thought..." He began quickly before I interrupted. "No, its ok really. I'm just not used to having my tears wiped is all." I began as a smile began to form across my face. "please continue." I said as I was a half smile start to form on his face. With that he took the pad of his thumb, placed it on my right cheek just below my eye and followed the thick tear streak all the way down to my chin; this time even brushing the thick tear that had stayed clinging to my chin.

"I see you're feeling better." I said when he had finished wiping the last of my.tears. "Thank you." He said softly blushing. "That's what friends do." I said  smiling and patting his shoulder. "You're so sweet you're going to make me cry again." He said only half joking. I could see a little tear in the corner of his left eye clinging to his lashes. I knew he didn't want to cry anymore and since he was finally starting to cheer up I decided not to mention it.

He finally looked at his watch which he almost forgot he was wearing. "look at the time. Its getting late." He said surprised. "That's ok. As I said no ones going to be home tonight so I have all the time if you'd like to stay." I said. "Thank you but I should really get going." He said hesitantly possibly debating if it'd be better to stay. "Ok if you must." I said disappointed. I then removed my hand from his shoulder and stood up. Following my.lead he stood up too.

I began walking to the front door and he slowly followed. "thanks again." He said slowly before I could even open the door. That stopped me dead in my.tracks. I looked up at his face and saw he was blushing. "No problem." I began taking a deep breath. "Any time you need a shoulder I'm always here. You can't do anything I haven't already seen." I said quickly not knowing how he would take that statement. "Thanks, but I hope it won't be for a very long time." He said turning to the door. "I understand." I said opening the door. With that he walked out the door and down the steps. Closing the door behind him I slowly began to smile to myself. I guess it wasn't a boring night after all.

In then walked back to the couch. It was getting late but I decided to watch a little TV before going to bed anyway. I flopped down on the couch quickly, emotionally exhausted. "Sometimes it's hard being an empath, but always worth it." I thought before reaching for the remote and turning on th TV. Ingot comfortable and began flopping through the channels when all of a sudden I heard the doorbell ring. I threw the remote on the couch and s!owly got up. "Who could!d it be at this hr?" I wondered as I slow!y walked to the door.

I slowly opened the door. "I couldn't do it." I heard before I even got a good look at who it was. It took a min for my eyes to adjust to the darkness outside, but then I noticed who it was. Justin had never left; and if he did he had come back. I didn't say anything I just started scanning into the darkness outside to sed if there was any reason for his retur . When I didn't see anything unusual I began scanning his body/face up and down puzzled. When my eyes came to his face I stopped almost frozen. The tear that was clinging to his lashes a few min ago was finally making it's way down his left cheek.

"Couldn't do what?" I began finally snapping out of my own thoughts. "I thought you were going home." I finished genuinely puzzled. "I know I thought so too...but then..." He began slowly trying not to blink for fear the pool of tears swimming in his eyes would start cascadeing down his cheeks yet again. "I turned on the car, then turned on the radio. Wouldn't you know it the song that was on was my grandfather's favorite. After that I just couldn't stop thinking about him." He said with a sniffle.

Without even thinking I quickly grabbed both his hands in mine. That was it. I guess he couldn't hold it in anymore. A fresh wave of thin tears began streaming from both his eyes and down to his chin; some.clinging and some even dripping off and to the ground. With that he began to blink, sending even more thin tears down the same thin streaks as before. "Want to come in?"  I began softly. "Like I already said, anytime you need a shoulder I'm always here." When he didn't say anything or attempt to move I released one of his hands and tender brought it up to his left eye. Using the pad of my thumb to wipe a way the tears that were falling even so.much as tracing the streak all the way tongue chin.

Through his tears I could see a small smile forming on his face. "I guess he must like me.wiping his tears or he wouldn't have come back." I thought to myself still wiping the falling tears that were cascading down his cheeks. Another sniffle escaping despite myself snapped me out of my thoughts. Then I realized I was still a staring at his face. I was hoping to see that his smile was still there but I soon noticed it was replaced with a bulging, trembling lip curl. I could tell.he was desperately trying to suppress another sob. I knew he hated crying in public, or any place he thought anyone could see/hear him so I asked again rather quickly "Care to come in?"

When he still didn't answer me I removed my hand from his cheek and grabbed his hands instead. Then I slowly began to lead him back into the house. There was little if any resistance on his part as he seemed to follow me without any hesitation. I quickly closed the door behind us when we got in.

As soon as the door slammed shut it was like a switch flipped and he immediately threw his arms around my neck, buried his face in my shoulder and began to sob again violently. I could even feel his belly heave violently with every sob.

"I'm s... I'm so..." He raggedly choked out through his sobs after about a min still never lifting his head. "But I'm not." I whispered. "I'm sorry you are sad but I'm gad you could come to me and are finally allowing yourself to feel." Unfinished never releasing g our embrace. I wanted him to cry as lol g and loud as he needed as I knew his family and knew they weren't really the comforting types. I didn't want him to have to go home and feel pressured to put o. A mask of happiness for their satisfaction.

With that I placed one of my hands on his back and began rubbing circles with my.thumb. That seemed to lower his walls even more (if that was even possible) and he started crying g even harder. So hard in fact he could hard!y catch his breath at times to even continue crying; but despite that his tears never stopped. "Shhh." I finally whispered softly into his ear trying to get him to calm down just a little.

It broke my heart into a million pieces standing there holding him while he sobbed and knowing tere was nothing I could do to ease his pain. At that point I just stood there quietly holding him still rubbing circles on his back. The longer I stole there the more I was getting chocked up. I could feel my breathing increase and a lump forming in my throat. I swallowed hard a few times to dissipate the lump but all that did was begin to fill up my eyes with tears. Before I knew it I was even doing a lip curl.

"What was happening? Was I really about to cry again?" I wondered to myself. My vision began getting blurry and I could feel a tear hanging on my bottonm lash desperate to make it's escape. I blinked a few times trying to stop any more tears fro.leaving my eyes. That was all they needed; the thick tear that was hanging from my bottom lash finally fell as well as a tear from my other eye. They both made a thick tear streak all the way down to my chin. With that the dam burst and a river of thick tears started cascadeing down both of my cheeks following the same thick streaks as the previous ones.

I soon realized I couldn't stop it so I didn't even bother. I let my hot tears drip off my chin and onto his shoulder. I could soon feel.his shoulder getting considerably wet but he was too busy making  his own puzzle of tears on my shoulder to even notice. I really don't want to make him feel bad, me crying and all due to his situation, so I tried not to draw and unnecessary attention to myself.

Finally after 20min his guy wrenching sobs finally started to slow down to some sniffles and so.e hiccupy breathing as he was finally able into try and catch his breath. When I finally realized he was starting to calm down I removed my hand from his back and gently released our embrace. With that my tears finally stopped falling.

I could feel my tears drying on my cheeks. What started out as single thick tear streaks turned into a puddle all over my cheeks. The tears felt cool against my skin. That is until I felt something warm brush again st my cheek snapping me out of my own thoughts. Once my eyes focused I realized it was him. Slowly despite myself my eyes began filling up with tears again. Never had I have someone wipe my tears once let alone twice in a single night, but I have to admit I really did like the warmth of his hand slowly brushing all the cold damp tears off my cheeks. This time was different, however, he didn't use the pad of his thumb like last time, he used the entire back of his hand. Clearing the  the mess of tears that were all over my cheeks starting just below my eye and ending at my chin.

I gave him a shy smile despite the tears in my eyes to let him know how much I liked his gesture of comfort/caring. As soon as he had finished wiping one cheek he immediately started to wipe the other also with the back of his hand. This made my eyes fill up with even more tears. I tried not to blink for I g my tears to stay in my eyes but despite my best efforts two more thick tears fell, one from each eye. He caught it as it was rolling down the middle of my cheek that he was so tenderly wiping.

"Thank you." I whispered after the majority of my tears were wiped. "It's the least I can do seek g as how you were.so sweet to me." He said quietly. "I couldn't leave you in so much pain. I wanted to make sure this was a safe place for you to release all your sorrow. That's what friends do. Remember I'll be here anytime you need a shoulder." I said tenderly hoping I didn't say too much. I could see his tears were already drying on his cheeks but I still didn't want to leave them uncared for so I raised my left hand, brought it to his cheek and using the pad of my thumb wiped the remaining damp tears off his cheek. Then I raised my right hand and wiped the remaining damp tears off his other cheek with the back of my hand.

When all his tears were finally dry and there was no evidence left that he had been crying  he finally took a deep breath and said " I guess it was your turn to soak my shoulder. " "Huh?"  I said with a puzzled look on my face. Then he pointed to his shoulder. "Oh, that." I began slowly. Finally realizing what he was talking about. "Sorry." I said quietly slightly embarrassed. "No worries." He said reassuringly. "I was supposed to comfort him and wipe his tears. I was supposed to make him feel better, but I ended up breaking down and needing him in his time of sorrow. He ended up.comforting me and wiping my tears too, but this wasn't supposed to be about me." I began thinking to myself. "But it did feel good for someone to wipe my tears. For someone to a the care about .y sorrow/pain even if it was only an empathetic reaction to his."  I concluded feeling a little!e better.

"It's justnthat , like I said, when people arev upset I feel their pain. I feel every emotion like it is my own. I can't help it. I don't want you to think you made me cry." I began snapping g out of my own thoughts. "But it really makes me intune with how others are feeling. It makes me a lot more sensitive to their needs. Honestly, I think k it makes me a better comforter." I finished.quickly hoping he'd agree. "I already know that. Why do you think I came to you when I was sad? Why do you think I finally let my guard down and let my emotions f!ow despite myself?" He asked with a half smile finally forming on his face. "So I guess you like being comforted then?" I asked with a smile also forming on my face. "Its definitely not something I'm used to, but yeah I guess it does feel.good to finally let go. I mean I was worried at first how you'd precieve me after I let go, that's why it took me so long to let it out. I know you said it was ok if I cried when I came over but stil it was hard for me to let my walls down." He explained. "Well I'm glad you did." I said still smiling.

It was on!y turn that I realized we were still standing near the front door. "Want to come sit down?" I asked trying to lighten the mood even further. Looking at his watch he noticed it was getting g pretty late. "I didn't realize I came back so.late. it's near midnight. I doubt you want company this late." He said in all seriousness. "I didnt realize." I began shocked. "But I don't mind. Like I said no ones going to be home for the rest of the night so.stay as long as you'd like." I said warmly. "I'd love to but I have to try to go to work in the morning." He said sounding disappointed.

"Not even for one drink?" You doesn't have to stay long." I said desperately hoping he'd say yes. I was worried he'd leave and have to come back like last time. I wanted to make sure all his motions were all back to normal before he left. I'd feel horrible if he left feeling fine and came back 10min later in a puddle of his own emotions again. I was getting choked up just thinking about it. An image of what he looked like the last time he rang my bell flashed before my eyes.

Just then I could feel a burning sensation slowly forming behind both of my eyes. I knew what was happening and in no way did I want to cry again. I didn't want to make him feel bad or upset agai . so I blinked a few times trying to suppress my impending tears. Although began to get wet no tears fell and the burning sensation started to slowly disappear. "So what do you say?" I asked quickly forcing myself to snap out of my own thoughts.

"Just one drink?" He asked seriously. "Just one." I said reassuring him. I bounced into the kitchen. "Feel free to take a seat on the couch." I yelled from the kitchen. With that he quickly walked into the living room and sat in the couch. "Thanks for everything." He said rather loud!y so I could!d hear him fro. The kitchen. "What?" I called  back only half listening as I was trying to get the drinks together. "I mean thanks for letting me... For letting me be raw and open today. I didn't know...didn't know if you'd accept my emotions. I hate dumping my...my baggage on someone else if at all possible." He said through hitched breathing having to stop every few words. "No problem. I. Always glad to help a friend." I said as in-game out of the kitchen carrying two glasses of iced tea (one I. Each hand). He took a deep breath and let it out slowly as I handed him his drink and careful!y sat next to him on the couch trying not to spill either drink.

As soon as I sat down on the couch I could see a gleam of wetness in his eyes. I didn't say anything as I also had a bit of wetness in my eyes. I knew he had to get home soon so I didn't make much notion of it. Honestly, I wouldn't have minded seeing him cry again even if that meant I'd probably end up crying too, but would he hate me for it? Would he realize what I was doing? Admittedly I loved comforting him and don't know if I'd ever get another chance, but I finally decided against it.

When I finally snapped out of my own thoughts I noticed his drink was already half gone. I wanted him to stay just a little bit longer so I started talking about not light hearted things. He stayed and chatted for about 10 more min. With his drink finally gone and mine half gone along with the fact that he didn't look like he was going to cry anymore he finally spoke up. "I'm sorry, I really enjoyed tonight but I really must be going." He said rather quickly trying to avoid me stalling him again (and possibly making him cry again).  "I understand." I said patting his free hand that was resting on his lap.

With that a single tear ran down his right cheek leaving behind the faintest trace of a thin tear streak. He quickly lifted his right hand to his face as if to wipe it away, but as always I got there first, overjoyed there was yet another tear to wipe. Using the pad if my thumb I gently thumbed it away. He gave me a shy smile; and then without a word stood up setting his empty cup on the coffee table. I followed and stood up as well also setting my cup on the table.

I began walking toward the door and he followed. As soon as we got to the door he turned around and spoke rather quietly. "Thanks for everything." "No problem." I said opening the door. With that he turned around and slowly walked down the stairs.

As I shut the door behind me a single thick tear finally fell from my left eye and down to my chin. Without anyone there to wipe my tears I just let it linger and dry on my cheek. "That was the most fulfilling evening I've ever had." I thought to myself as a smile slowly spread across my face. And with that I began to walk back toward the couch.

March 31, 2021 2:07 am  #2

Re: A night to remember

I just didn’t want this fic to end, and it just kept delivering more, and more, and MORE. I love how Justin made several attempts to take over the role of comforter, briefly succeeded, and then was overwhelmed again by his emotions.
I also love that the narrator wanted to be comforted, but she didn’t need to be comforted. Despite the fact that she was weeping profusely, she was still in complete control of the entire situation. I wish this was easier to do in real life.

This was an incredibly fulfilling read. You should be proud!

March 31, 2021 4:24 am  #3

truffle wrote:

I just didn’t want this fic to end, and it just kept delivering more, and more, and MORE. I love how Justin made several attempts to take over the role of comforter, briefly succeeded, and then was overwhelmed again by his emotions.
I also love that the narrator wanted to be comforted, but she didn’t need to be comforted. Despite the fact that she was weeping profusely, she was still in complete control of the entire situation. I wish this was easier to do in real life.

This was an incredibly fulfilling read. You should be proud!

I'm glad you liked the aro so much. At one point I kind of thought it was a bit long.
A friend of mine pushed me to continue writing when there were a couple of parts where I thought it would end. I'm glad he did!
I just wrote it as I wished it. I too wish it was easier to do.

April 2, 2021 7:29 am  #4

I'm very proud of you, I 'm really glad you decided to post it, see, you have another fan. Keep it up, now that I gave it a read of it all in a single post I noticed this is a first timer for both of them, even though it seems that Justin was used to wipe other's tears, it was the first time he had his tears wiped (and boy did he, several times through the night) and it really surprised me he didn't put too much resistance, seems he liked it from the start. On the other hand, seems that she was eager to see him cry and wipe his tears, and she was very straight forward while doing so, that speaks of a very brave girl (or desperate to wipe someone's tears) as if it had been a very long time since she did it to someone (if ever), situation which turned back on her (fortunate and lovely) when she was enjoying and at the same time feeling sad for her friend and, suddenly, he wiped her tears, I loved the reactions from both, she was startled and he felt as if he did wrong and she didn't like it.

It was quite a tease when he apologized for wiping her tears, then she said she wasn't used to having her tears wiped, I really loved when she smiled and asked him to continue wiping her tears, this gave him the idea that she liked having her tears wiped, which was confirmed when he wiped her tears the second time and she smiled again, even thanking him for wiping her tears, that definitely melts most guys, I personally love when someone lets me know she loved when I wiped her tears. Also, once I have wiped tears from a girl's face I am more confident crying in front of her (even though crying is not an easy thing for me).

Thanks a lot for this fic, looking forward for the next one .

April 2, 2021 7:34 pm  #5

Amans lacrimae wrote:

I'm very proud of you, I 'm really glad you decided to post it, see, you have another fan. Keep it up, now that I gave it a read of it all in a single post I noticed this is a first timer for both of them, even though it seems that Justin was used to wipe other's tears, it was the first time he had his tears wiped (and boy did he, several times through the night) and it really surprised me he didn't put too much resistance, seems he liked it from the start. On the other hand, seems that she was eager to see him cry and wipe his tears, and she was very straight forward while doing so, that speaks of a very brave girl (or desperate to wipe someone's tears) as if it had been a very long time since she did it to someone (if ever), situation which turned back on her (fortunate and lovely) when she was enjoying and at the same time feeling sad for her friend and, suddenly, he wiped her tears, I loved the reactions from both, she was startled and he felt as if he did wrong and she didn't like it.

It was quite a tease when he apologized for wiping her tears, then she said she wasn't used to having her tears wiped, I really loved when she smiled and asked him to continue wiping her tears, this gave him the idea that she liked having her tears wiped, which was confirmed when he wiped her tears the second time and she smiled again, even thanking him for wiping her tears, that definitely melts most guys, I personally love when someone lets me know she loved when I wiped her tears. Also, once I have wiped tears from a girl's face I am more confident crying in front of her (even though crying is not an easy thing for me).

Thanks a lot for this fic, looking forward for the next one .

I'm glad you liked it so much. I love how you described what parts you liked and why. Makes me a much more confident writer going forward.

I'd love to have you wipe my tears (virtually works too) does that count for you more willing to cry in front of me (virtually counts too).

April 2, 2021 8:15 pm  #6

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

I'm glad you liked it so much. I love how you described what parts you liked and why. Makes me a much more confident writer going forward.

I'd love to have you wipe my tears (virtually works too) does that count for you more willing to cry in front of me (virtually counts too).

I'm glad you are gaining confidence. I'm honored, and honestly pretty excited that you're looking forward to me wiping your tears, I'm pretty sure if the situation arose, after the initial resistance, I would allow you to wipe my tears as well. I could even, if there was no need of crying, produce tears for you to wipe.

April 3, 2021 2:12 am  #7

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

I'm glad you are gaining confidence. I'm honored, and honestly pretty excited that you're looking forward to me wiping your tears, I'm pretty sure if the situation arose, after the initial resistance, I would allow you to wipe my tears as well. I could even, if there was no need of crying, produce tears for you to wipe.

Of course I am looking forward to you wiping my tears. It seems you do it just the way I'd like. I'm glad you think of others and tailor each comforting experience to exactly what they like. I'd be honored to wipe your tears as it would be a rare occurrence, which makes it even that more special. You could produce tears for me to wipe? Wow That would be a dream. If the situation ever arose I'd be happy to accept them.

April 29, 2021 4:53 pm  #8

Cryophilia wrote:

This was incredibly beautiful, I love how long it went. Their connection was powerful and I love how it was platonic. I also love how they shared their emotions together

I'm glad you liked the story so much.Most of my stories tend to end up being pretty long as I never feel I know the perfect place to end them.

If you like this one maybe you'd like my other one I posted called "Crying Reunion" its pretty long too (although slightly shorter than this one).

Board footera