You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2021 10:52 pm  #41

Re: Unexpected reunion

I felt Chris' tears were finally subsiding as I didn't feel any new ones. I finish clearing her cheek from tears and streaks, then go back next to John.

John got up and said dinner was ready and went to the kitchen, leaving me sitting next to Christina.

June 13, 2021 11:05 pm  #42

Almost breathless, I turn to look at Ray as John is now gone into the kitchen leaving us alone again. "Thank you. Not only being a caring friend and wiping my tears, again, but also for trying to teach my husband how to take care of my tears." I say with a huge smile beginning to spread across my face.

June 13, 2021 11:34 pm  #43

I smile as I lightly brush her smiling lips, caressing her cheek afterwards. "As much as I love comforting you when you need a friend, John is the one who should do it in the first place, he is your husband, I mean, I'm not saying I shouldn't but, let's be honest, I have seen you three times in my life, I don't live nearby, not even in the same country, the odds of me being around when you need are kind of dark, you know, and John is your main support, he lives with you, he will be more than happy to comfort you when you need, me too by the way, but in a different way, unless we meet again."

My mind drifts into the upcoming trips...

June 13, 2021 11:41 pm  #44

"I think we should go eat before you have to leave." I say motioning to the kitchen trying not to think about Ray having to leave, and us having to part ways yet again.

Last edited by Princess_Lucky1731 (June 13, 2021 11:43 pm)

June 13, 2021 11:44 pm  #45

We go to sit and eat dinner, have a superficial talk...

June 13, 2021 11:59 pm  #46

I ask you a out your upcoming trip and you ask me about my summer plans. John then jumps in just trying to get to know you better as this is the first time he's meeting you.

June 14, 2021 12:09 am  #47

I detail some of my roles to John, he seems pretty excited about my job, I even invite him to a couple of events, one in NY, the other in Hungary, not sure if his job will let him go overseas, Christina seems to like the idea, but who knows, she might be smiling just out of courtesy.

June 14, 2021 12:23 am  #48

I'm glad John and Ray are getting along so well. My smile is one out of genuine happiness.

June 14, 2021 2:15 am  #49

"It was a pleasure hanging out with you, thanks for the dinner and the nice conversation, I have to get going".

I see John is cool with it, but Christina is taking it more to heart, I see her face saddening and her eyes starting to sparkle.

June 14, 2021 3:17 am  #50

I can't believe the evening is almost over. I think to myself as Ray tells us he must be going.

I can feel burning behind my eyes and then as if on cue my eyes begin to fill with tears. I really don't want Ray's last memory of this memorable evening to be me in tears, yet again. But I realise its almost inevitable at this point.

"Let me show you to the door." I begin as we all stand up from the table. "I'd hate for you to miss your flight." I finish wondering to myself if that really wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Board footera