You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2023 3:45 pm  #981

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Clayne Crawford has countless crying and sobbing moments in this film ( The Integrity of John Chambers). Too bad it's only in the Cam version for the time being. He's sobbing or crying in almost every scene from 37:00 on. In the scene at 39:00 there's a serious breakdown just before the sobbing starts in which he heaves and makes strange noises.

https://2kmovie.cc/watch-movie/watch-the-integrity-of-joseph-chambers-free-93454.9380758

Why do you think he's doing that?

Last edited by psychic_girl (February 22, 2023 9:48 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 23, 2023 1:20 am  #982

The noises he makes on the ground before he starts sobbing outright seem primarily fueled by shock, freaking out, panicking, and more shock. Then when he quiets down a little and makes the strange half-sobbing noises, it's panic-fueled sobs he's trying very hard to hold in, because if he gives in and lets them out it'll be screaming sobs that build and feed on each other.

Source: I do a TON of crying (if I could make money from it I would, and I'd be able to buy a bus pass or ubers and be able to go on dates lol) and when I'm freaking out and crying as opposed to grieving and crying, I def sound like that holding-it-in thing he's doing at the end of the scene, and I hold it in for the same reasons I say he is.

I also like the ending scene starting about 1:29:30 with the quiet tears as well.

Thanks for the rec! I usually don't check out his scenes because I did not like his character on Rectify nor his crying style of the one scene I saw. I'm glad I gave him another chance though.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (February 23, 2023 1:22 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

February 23, 2023 1:41 am  #983

psychic_girl wrote:

Sam Worthington has a decent sobbing scene in the film Transfusion somewhere in the second half of the film. The best scene he did so far..

It's around 1:22:30 when he does most of the crying, and it's nice crying. Half-stifled sobs by his dying wife's bedside, then falling to his knees outside the room and keening on the floor, and his friend (Matt Nable, probably his CO going by age) gets down next to him and holds him. There's a brief scene in the car after that, and then it cuts back to him trying to hold in his tears. He goes in to see his injured son.

The camera pans to show his friend and if you look carefully Matt appears to have a tear streak on his face, struggling not to cry. Afterward Matt has a substance binge depression montage scene just like Colin Farrell in s2 of True Detective, complete with raging and yes, crying though all you hear is the music. One of the nice things about when an older gentleman cries he's got all these lovely lines on his face that move beautifully in a cryface. (Plus his arms are impressively muscular.) Annoyingly his party of one gets interrupted by a bloody fight. Around 1:32:10 he does break down and cry in Sam's arms before things turn violent again.

I have to say Sam Worthington is a lot more attractive with long hair and a few more years on him than I've seen before.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (February 24, 2023 9:27 pm)

February 24, 2023 9:29 pm  #984

I'm in the middle of watching 'tick tick BOOM' on Netflix and Andrew Garfield has had plenty of tearful moments and a couple moments of visible tears so far, including a whole song where he's teary. There's a part where he's got a subtle tear track on his face after kissing his girlfriend, which reminds me of Alex on Greys Anatomy kissing Izzie.

February 24, 2023 9:46 pm  #985

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

The noises he makes on the ground before he starts sobbing outright seem primarily fueled by shock, freaking out, panicking, and more shock. Then when he quiets down a little and makes the strange half-sobbing noises, it's panic-fueled sobs he's trying very hard to hold in, because if he gives in and lets them out it'll be screaming sobs that build and feed on each other.

Source: I do a TON of crying (if I could make money from it I would, and I'd be able to buy a bus pass or ubers and be able to go on dates lol) and when I'm freaking out and crying as opposed to grieving and crying, I def sound like that holding-it-in thing he's doing at the end of the scene, and I hold it in for the same reasons I say he is.

I also like the ending scene starting about 1:29:30 with the quiet tears as well.

Thanks for the rec! I usually don't check out his scenes because I did not like his character on Rectify nor his crying style of the one scene I saw. I'm glad I gave him another chance though.

Thank you so much for this explanation, for the way you translated it into words. I couldn't watch it all at first. For some reason, I found the scene uncomfortable but that's also because he makes heaving or vomiting noises and I have emetophobia. I find it very unsettling to watch or hear someone throwing up or dry heaving  even if it's just a movie. When I see something like this I usually skip that part even if it's about a guy crying. This time I sat through it to watch/hear the crying parts and when he makes these stifled noises I thought he was going to throw up again.I'm glad I could read a different interpretation about it though. I like Crawford crying  in general as it seems rather raw and unchecked.
I liked the scene in Rectify because it has a build-up and he seems to tear up effortlesly so I thought he could easily cry on other occasions as well. I have a thing for some actors who are not very known or who are underrated to get a better part and prove their acting skills by getting a part in which they suppose to cry.I also enjoy it when the crying parts are not done in the same style,if you know what I mean.

Last edited by psychic_girl (February 24, 2023 9:56 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 25, 2023 3:04 am  #986

"Fire Country", episode "Bad Guy". LOTS of serious crying and sobbing from Billy Burke (over his daughter's death).  Lesser but significant crying from Max Thieriot. 

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

February 26, 2023 3:02 am  #987

psychic_girl wrote:

Thank you so much for this explanation, for the way you translated it into words. I couldn't watch it all at first. For some reason, I found the scene uncomfortable but that's also because he makes heaving or vomiting noises and I have emetophobia. I find it very unsettling to watch or hear someone throwing up or dry heaving  even if it's just a movie. When I see something like this I usually skip that part even if it's about a guy crying. This time I sat through it to watch/hear the crying parts and when he makes these stifled noises I thought he was going to throw up again.I'm glad I could read a different interpretation about it though. I like Crawford crying  in general as it seems rather raw and unchecked.
I liked the scene in Rectify because it has a build-up and he seems to tear up effortlesly so I thought he could easily cry on other occasions as well. I have a thing for some actors who are not very known or who are underrated to get a better part and prove their acting skills by getting a part in which they suppose to cry.I also enjoy it when the crying parts are not done in the same style,if you know what I mean.

Yeah I always appreciate it when a guy can do multiple styles of crying. My go-to example is usually Colin Firth, who does the quiet whimpering with hitching breaths thing, the silent tears thing, and the full sobs from his chest thing.

February 26, 2023 4:29 am  #988

Squonk wrote:

"Fire Country", episode "Bad Guy". LOTS of serious crying and sobbing from Billy Burke (over his daughter's death).  Lesser but significant crying from Max Thieriot. 

Ah, I've been fond of Billy Burke for a while, and it's nice to see him cry. He's a bit of an underappreciated actor. (I even liked him in Twilight, and Twilight was a lot less engaging than I hoped.) Boy does he cry messy. I approve.

I also like Max Theriot's disreputable scruffy bearded look here. His crying is more understated and more on the pretty side. It's quite nice.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (February 26, 2023 4:32 am)

February 27, 2023 8:26 pm  #989

Ashton Kutcher has quite a 7 min long crying scene in The Ranch In Season 4 Episode 14. He's trapped behind his car , freezing to death while talking to his application . He starts sobbing at some point and tears begin dripping from his nose.

Woody Harrelson

March 4, 2023 10:35 pm  #990

Keanu Reeves has very nice sobbing scene in John Wick, similar to the one in Lake House.

Woody Harrelson

Board footera