You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2023 11:17 pm  #1001

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

psychic_girl wrote:

He's amazing in every crying scene he has. This one reminds me of a scene from Johnny Handsome when he looks into the mirror after his surgery. His eyes well up with tears of joy as he's trying to contain his voice and poise. It's a short scene but he manages to convey so much emotion in it. It's at 30:15 min
 https://2kmovie.cc/watch-movie/watch-johnny-handsome-free-16661.5353567

Oh that was lovely. Happy man tears are so rare onscreen.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (March 30, 2023 11:19 pm)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

March 30, 2023 11:56 pm  #1002

psychic_girl wrote:

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

There are some nice tears in the new MacGyver show. Lucas Till seems mostly the pretty crier sort. Sometimes the camera shows a nice clear look at the tear forming. There are also tears from George Eads, who I know as Nick Stokes from CSI where he also shed a few tears.

Scenes I know about:
1x6 Lucas Till, where he's watching an upsetting video
3x2 George Eads at about 26
4x8 Lucas Till, around 37, with his father
4x9 Lucas Till, in the final scene, talking about his father with his friend
There's supposedly scenes in 4x4 and 5x5 but I haven't found them yet.

In 5X5 there's a brief meltdown at 39:50 in a plane's bathroom. There're 2 consistent streams of tears running down his face.
 At 4X10 he's tearing up while talking to a chick about his loss at around 30 minutes into the film.
He also has a few brief crying scenes in Sins of Youth,one sobbing and another one tearing up.
In episode 9 season 4 there's also a moment when he's talking to a friend about being alone in the world and 2 tears stream down his face totally unchecked. His face also gets flushed as the camera is  panning  out .

4x9 Macgyver scene is the final scene where he cries a bit talking with his friend. The woman in 4x10 is his mother.

Any idea when he cries in Sins of Our Youth? It's def not my sort of movie so I don't want to watch it all.

April 1, 2023 11:12 am  #1003

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

psychic_girl wrote:

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

There are some nice tears in the new MacGyver show. Lucas Till seems mostly the pretty crier sort. Sometimes the camera shows a nice clear look at the tear forming. There are also tears from George Eads, who I know as Nick Stokes from CSI where he also shed a few tears.

Scenes I know about:
1x6 Lucas Till, where he's watching an upsetting video
3x2 George Eads at about 26
4x8 Lucas Till, around 37, with his father
4x9 Lucas Till, in the final scene, talking about his father with his friend
There's supposedly scenes in 4x4 and 5x5 but I haven't found them yet.

In 5X5 there's a brief meltdown at 39:50 in a plane's bathroom. There're 2 consistent streams of tears running down his face.
 At 4X10 he's tearing up while talking to a chick about his loss at around 30 minutes into the film.
He also has a few brief crying scenes in Sins of Youth,one sobbing and another one tearing up.
In episode 9 season 4 there's also a moment when he's talking to a friend about being alone in the world and 2 tears stream down his face totally unchecked. His face also gets flushed as the camera is  panning  out .

4x9 Macgyver scene is the final scene where he cries a bit talking with his friend. The woman in 4x10 is his mother.

Any idea when he cries in Sins of Our Youth? It's def not my sort of movie so I don't want to watch it all.

I didn't quite like Sins of Our Youth when I saw it a few months ago but I still go through some parts every now and then. There are quite a lot of young male actors crying in it. Lucas Till has about 3 short scenes in which he sheds tears. The first one only lasts a couple of seconds and I missed it a few times before I managed to find it. It's the only one in which he breaks down. The other two just show him tearing up. Towards the end of the film two more actors are shown breaking down crying but they don't impress me as much, they are too young, I guess..They cry nicely though and the scenes are shown in close-ups with a lot of flushing and snifflles.

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 1, 2023 11:30 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 2, 2023 4:26 am  #1004

Jonathan Groff and Ben Aldridge are almost perpetually teary eyed in Knock at the Cabin, with some moments of more pronounced tears and the short gasping trembly breaths that men often do when they're trying not to audibly sob. Dave Bautista has some emotional moments and Rupert Grint gets some of that too. (Tor, the women get teary but not dramatically so, so I wouldn't put your hopes too high.)

Ben takes the short breaths around 17, and there are closeups of Jonathan and Ben with their eyes full of tears around 24:30 and 27:30 respectively. Dave tears up a couple times and his voice gets all thick with controlled emotion in his monologue in the first third. Rupert Grint does the short breaths all grim and kinda teary around 33, shortly afterward tears falling from Jonathan, who looks super teary again around 54, Ben takes the short trembly sobbing breaths around 1:00:30. Jonathan's eyes brim with tears a couple minutes later, and again at 1:18:15. Around 1:19:00, Bautista seems near tears again. Jonathan and Ben are noticeably tearful starting at 1:24:00 til end of scene, at which point Ben quietly sobs. Right after that Ben goes to their daughter and hugs her, sobbing. A tear slides down his cheek in the diner around 1:30:00.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (April 2, 2023 4:35 am)

April 8, 2023 4:32 pm  #1005

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Jonathan Groff and Ben Aldridge are almost perpetually teary eyed in Knock at the Cabin, with some moments of more pronounced tears and the short gasping trembly breaths that men often do when they're trying not to audibly sob. Dave Bautista has some emotional moments and Rupert Grint gets some of that too. (Tor, the women get teary but not dramatically so, so I wouldn't put your hopes too high.)

Ben takes the short breaths around 17, and there are closeups of Jonathan and Ben with their eyes full of tears around 24:30 and 27:30 respectively. Dave tears up a couple times and his voice gets all thick with controlled emotion in his monologue in the first third. Rupert Grint does the short breaths all grim and kinda teary around 33, shortly afterward tears falling from Jonathan, who looks super teary again around 54, Ben takes the short trembly sobbing breaths around 1:00:30. Jonathan's eyes brim with tears a couple minutes later, and again at 1:18:15. Around 1:19:00, Bautista seems near tears again. Jonathan and Ben are noticeably tearful starting at 1:24:00 til end of scene, at which point Ben quietly sobs. Right after that Ben goes to their daughter and hugs her, sobbing. A tear slides down his cheek in the diner around 1:30:00.

Jonathan Gruff and Ben Aldridge have some cute crying scenes in this one. I wish there had been more though or that some scenes had been longer. 

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 14, 2023 1:40 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 8, 2023 4:37 pm  #1006

Zac Efron has an endearing sobbing scene in the film The Greatest Beer Run Ever somewhere at around 1:54:00. He talks about being sorry for talking his friend into going to war with him.

Woody Harrelson

April 11, 2023 7:11 pm  #1007

Daniel Zovatto has some tearing-up scenes in The Pope's Exorcist. One is when he confesses his sins to the character played by Russel Crowe at 48:30 and then another one is when he listens to Gabe's confession at 1:13:00 in which there's one tear streaming down his face and he looks flushed and teary. In the latter one Russel Crowe's character seems on the verge of crying all through his confession but there aren't any tears streaming down.

Spoiler alert : Besides these 2 scenes that I was describing the film has very troubling scenes with lots of jumps  scares and gore.

Re-edit: He also has some nice crying/sobbing scenes in Penny Dreadful: the City of Angel in episodes 2 and 3 mostly. In ep 3 there's an intimate scene in which his tear falls down from his eye just at the moment he's kissing a girl and it reaches near her lips.
 In ep 6 there are some more crying scenes. Johnathan Nieves starts crying too at 34:15 when his character has to make a tough choice concerning his mother. I like the way he lets his tears to fall unchecked and continuously from his eyes.
At 43:29 there's a more intense scene between Mateo ( Zovatto's character)  and his partner at the police station after they interrogate a member of his brother's gang who was a murderer. He has a short breakdown sobbing and wiping his tears and then he's shown in the interrogation room, trying hard not to cry again. 

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 14, 2023 1:41 am)

Woody Harrelson

April 13, 2023 7:22 pm  #1008

Devon Terrell gets teary and choked up in Cursed (2020 version) 1x9, around 18:00
https://2kmovie.cc/watch-tv/watch-cursed-free-25189.5460088

April 14, 2023 1:43 am  #1009

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Devon Terrell gets teary and choked up in Cursed (2020 version) 1x9, around 18:00
https://2kmovie.cc/watch-tv/watch-cursed-free-25189.5460088

Oh, come on ! He barely gets misty-eyed.

Woody Harrelson

April 20, 2023 9:57 am  #1010

Nick Smyth has a beautiful long crying scene in The Last Resort (a film about the love story between two terminally ill patients at a hospice)  followed by another one at the end in which his face is shown in a close-up while tears fall unchecked from his eyes. The film is very nicely filmed and Nick Smyth has other teary or sad scenes all throughout. His crying is rather serious and dignified, he isn't sobbing or making dramatic sounds but I can't think of any other movie in which he cries, as to know more.

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 20, 2023 9:58 am)

Woody Harrelson

Board footera