You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2023 5:44 pm  #1011

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

psychic_girl wrote:

Nick Smyth has a beautiful long crying scene in The Last Resort (a film about the love story between two terminally ill patients at a hospice)  followed by another one at the end in which his face is shown in a close-up while tears fall unchecked from his eyes. The film is very nicely filmed and Nick Smyth has other teary or sad scenes all throughout. His crying is rather serious and dignified, he isn't sobbing or making dramatic sounds but I can't think of any other movie in which he cries, as to know more.

Oh my that is a very long scene indeed!

https://2kmovie.cc/watch-movie/watch-last-resort-free-95572.9560443
Scene starts around 1:17:30, and he cries in the following scene too

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

May 2, 2023 8:02 pm  #1012

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau cries early in Mama. He's got subtle tears in his eyes 2 minutes in, and he's crying and trying not to sob in the next scene.

May 6, 2023 7:14 pm  #1013

Sam Elliot sobs softly in the first episode of 1883. Scene starts directly after title sequence.

May 6, 2023 7:52 pm  #1014

Greg Perrow cries in the bathroom near the end of Left Behind: Rise of the Antichrist. Unfortunately it's a schmaltzy sinners-prayer religious conversion scene, so that kinda ruins it, but the crying itself is believable enough.

(Sometimes I like to torture myself by watching terrible religious movies, and sometimes there's adequately-believable male crying scenes.)

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (May 6, 2023 7:55 pm)

May 8, 2023 4:16 am  #1015

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Sam Elliot sobs softly in the first episode of 1883. Scene starts directly after title sequence.

Ya there are lots of good crying scenes in 1883, both male and female.   And while my fetish is for female crying, I have to admit, the male crying in that show is very good. It's rare to see men portrayed as emotional, we are, after all, taught from a young age to hide our emotions.   Tim McGraw's character sobbing at the start of the second episode and Sam Elliot, both in the first episode and later on(trying to avoid spoilers) are very well done scenes of men who are supposed to be the toughest of the tough being very human.  

May 9, 2023 2:54 am  #1016

Well well well. I used to listen to some of Tim's music back in the day, and look at him now! He's got a believable vibe going on there.

May 26, 2023 5:08 pm  #1017

Robert de Niro has a very sweet crying moment in New York, New York at around 2:05 00 being comforted by Liza Minneli. His character looks as if he is embarrassed by crying and he tries to hide it somehow.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

May 31, 2023 11:27 pm  #1018

He's a good crier. I liked his crying in Goodfellas in the phone booth.

May 31, 2023 11:42 pm  #1019

I just watched X-Men 2 and 3 and there were more teary moments than I remembered. At the end of 2, James Marsden kinda breaks down on Hugh Jackman"s shoulder, who himself is near tears. There's a tear on James's face in his first scene of 3, and Hugh has unshed tears in his eyes in his last scene with Famke Janssen.

June 2, 2023 2:05 am  #1020

There was a ten-episode miniseries on Showtime called Your Honor. Hunter Doohan (Tyler the coffeeshop guy from the Wednesday Addams show) and Bryan Cranston both have multiple crying moments. Hunter is more of a pretty crier and Bryan's is def more of an ugly crier, in a good way. It's getting a surprise season 2 dealing with grief, so there's a decent chance there'll be more crying.

Is anyone here watching the show? I don't plan to watch the rest of it without knowing where to look for the scenes I want, you know? Gritty crime stuff isn't usually my cuppa.

I'm posting the scenes I know about, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more, esp from Bryan.  

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (June 2, 2023 5:06 pm)

Board footera