You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2016 2:47 am  #11

Re: Anticipating Tears and Heartbreak

Thoughts stuck in my head on the way home from work. Now I'm fighting not to be teary eyed again.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

September 3, 2016 8:54 pm  #12

I despise crying. It hurts my face, clogs my nose and my eyes burn. I hate anyone seeing me cry. I don't know why. My mother says I'm unfeeling and cold and I could cry to show her I'm not but then...I hate crying in front of people. I identify with mostly everyone in this thread.

September 4, 2016 9:34 pm  #13

BananaTree wrote:

I despise crying. It hurts my face, clogs my nose and my eyes burn. I hate anyone seeing me cry. I don't know why. My mother says I'm unfeeling and cold and I could cry to show her I'm not but then...I hate crying in front of people. I identify with mostly everyone in this thread.

I can't remember what the exact circumstances were, but there's been a few times my mom had said to me stuff like "it's ok to cry" or " crying helps" when something bad was going on.  Think she's also hinted around that I might be unfeeling or emotionally shut down.  It's not that at all,  i can feel stuff without her seeing it physically manifest in tears.

Mostly it just severely pisses me off when she says that but I can't act like it or that would really alarm her

September 5, 2016 8:11 pm  #14

Don't ask me why, but I only feel comfortable crying in front of friends or acquaintances if the cause of the crying is an emotional show, movie, etc.  Otherwise, the only people I can cry before are members of my immediate family.

September 5, 2016 9:16 pm  #15

To update...my friend and I said goodbye. She was sort of numb, I was misty eyed. It hurt, but it could have hurt worse.

I thought about taking a selfie of my wet eyes to show on here, but it seemed a little odd at the time. Afterwards I needed distractions so I piled a few friends in my Jeep and we drove up to the mountains and went skinny dipping by starlight. Then had a campfire and beer till two a.m. Best kind of consolation.

September 6, 2016 12:46 am  #16

Thank you, White Tulip.  My situation turned out okay, though.  My colleague isn't leaving.  It was just a misunderstanding.  Very relieved.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

September 7, 2016 8:33 pm  #17

I do find it can feel good to cry but only if I really am able to let go and really cry.  Stifled crying just makes me feel worse.

I also find it meaningful to have a physical manifestation of my pain.  A tangible,  visual measurable demonstration of what I'm feeling rather than trying to find words.

Last edited by inmyarmsagain (September 7, 2016 8:33 pm)

September 9, 2016 9:50 am  #18

I cry so much I have seemingly permanent lines under my eyes where my face scrunches up and will likely need Botox (and I'm not even 20 yet!!) so I hate it for cosmetic reasons, but I also get really embarrassed about showing basically any emotion other than either happiness, anger or complete neutrality in front of literally anyone. Thinking about it makes me cringe and want to slap myself for doing it lmao

September 9, 2016 11:28 am  #19

cribdeaths wrote:

I cry so much I have seemingly permanent lines under my eyes

That sounds like pretty powerful crying.

September 9, 2016 3:36 pm  #20

Squonk wrote:

Thank you, White Tulip.  My situation turned out okay, though.  My colleague isn't leaving.  It was just a misunderstanding.  Very relieved.  

Glad to hear it!

Board footera